- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Available for home visits
About me and my therapy practice
Hi, my name is Michael Ritchie, I appreciate that coming into therapy/counselling can be extremely difficult, however, it can also be very rewarding. I have worked alongside many people who have decided to heal themselves. It is an honour and a privilege to be part of someone's recovery journey.
I work with a variety of mental health issues including anxiety, depression, trauma, PTSD etc.
I have vast experience working with addictions including drugs/alcohol. I have a special interest in addiction/dependence to prescribed medication.
I have over 27 years’ experience of working in mental health and addiction services. I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBP). I use an eclectic approach to therapy, combining various models from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Transactional Analysis (TA) and person centred approaches.
I am nonjudgmental, compassionate, calm and easy to get on with (so I have been told).
Please feel free to email, text or call me for further information or book an initial session.
I offer the following services:
• 1-1 face to face, online or telephone counselling sessions for various mental health issues including anxiety, depression, lack of self-compassion and love.
• Exploring and understanding our inner critic (negative self-talk). Which is one of the core causes of our poor mental health and lack of self-acceptance.
• Workshops and training on dependence/addiction to prescribed or illicit medications (Opioids/Gabapentinoids and Benzodiazepines)
• Workshops on trauma
• Addiction/Trauma group meetings
• Men's mental health support groups
My first session
I aim to make you relaxed from the first moment, whilst I gather information on your presenting problems and then formulate a way to support you to make the changes you are looking to make.
The first session will be a chance to get to know each other and explore any concerns or questions you may have. I will explain the therapeutic process, and should you wish to commit to therapy, we will then plan for future sessions.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Men's issues, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Substance Dependency, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Person centred, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Groups, Older adults, Organisations
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Outdoor therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy