- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
- I understand that finding a therapist you feel comfortable talking to is so important.
- Counselling and psychotherapy are talking therapies and I offer a space where you can press pause on the outside world, allowing you to talk freely and without judgement.
- By reflecting back your thinking and gently questioning we will process your experiences, helping you to gain clarity and a deeper understanding so that you can move forward and heal.
- I have always been interested in people and have worked in the health and social care sector for the past decade.
- I have worked with a many different people therapeutically, on a one-to-one level and in groups, across a variety of settings including: low secure forensic units, prisons, female only rehabs and on an open-ended basis in private practice.
I hold the following qualifications:
- British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP) accredited postgraduate diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of East London.
- British Psychological Society (BPS) recognised Master of Science in Forensic Psychology from the University of Surrey.
- BPS Bachelor of Science from Newcastle University.
These trainings lasted for six years in total and whilst working in health and social care I completed a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Tackling Substance Misuse and Working With Young People Experiencing Domestic and Sexual Violence.
I am trained as an integrative therapist which allows me to use a range of therapeutic tools to fit your individual needs and therapeutic goals.
I think the best therapeutic work comes from a strong therapeutic bond based on trust and so the relationship between us will form part of our work together.
Depending on what makes sense to you, I will use a blend of:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Psychodynamic approaches.
I offer sessions face-to face or via Zoom and these can be open-ended or time-limited.
My first session
I offer a free, no obligation, telephone introductory session. This 10-15 minute chat allows us to be introduced and you can ask me any questions you might have about therapy, or the way I work. We will use this time to also start thinking about what you want from therapy.
Following our conversation there is no commitment for you to book any further sessions with me, I understand how important finding the right therapist is.
However, if you would like to begin working together we will book in our first session at this point.
Our first session(s) will be slightly different from the rest of therapy as I will be doing a lot of the talking - we'll explore what brings you to therapy and what you want to gain from it. You can ask any questions and we will agree a rough plan of what we will work on.
We will arrange a weekly (or fortnightly) day and time for our sessions.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited