- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
About me and my therapy practice
Do you feel overwhelmed by your emotions, or maybe anxiety is adversely effecting your day to day life? Perhaps you find the reality of parenting much harder and more frustrating than you envisaged?
It can be hard to imagine things can be different, but therapy can help people find a sense of peace and grow more comfortable with their emotional world.
I am a psychotherapeutic counsellor working online and face to face in Bath. I am BACP registered and have seven years’ experience as a counsellor and psychotherapeutic counsellor working with a spectrum of life issues including;
• Problems in relationships
• Issues around parenting including disappointment, dissatisfaction, being continually triggered and feelings around your own childhood
• Being stuck in cycles of compulsive or sabotaging behaviour
• Feeling like there is something missing in life or that life no longer has meaning or purpose for you
With my approach, I can help you to:
• Explore the source of your sense of overwhelm and anxiety, build a strong connection to your internal world and discover the resources you need to move forward
• Feel more grounded and less like your emotions are ruling you, using a range of approaches tailored to you, including mindfulness, breath work, depth psychology, energy and somatic work
• Be more confident in your choices and clearer in your decision making by reconnecting to your deep self and discovering a sense of meaning and purpose
• Feel calmer and less stressed as a parent by exploring your behaviour patterns and examining your own childhood
• Find some respite from worry by uncovering the deep sources of negative thought patterns
• Discover, and connect with, your values thereby empowering you to move forward
I offer an integrative approach to therapy, meaning that I draw on a variety of techniques and therapeutic interventions that I tailor to your individual needs. This is informed primarily by psychosynthesis with models and understanding from other therapeutic systems including somatic psychotherapy and energy psychology.
In practice, using the problem you bring to therapy as the context, we might; look together at the impact of your psychological past including any relevant life events and attachment trauma; make conscious your current patterns of behaviour and explore deeply their origins; examine your ways of being in relationships and how they both serve and limit you; map your feelings and inner world; find creative and imaginative ways to move forward which might include using imagery, movement, somatic ideas and/or energy approaches.
My standard fee is £45 per session.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your circumstances. You can also find more information on my website. I offer a free short phone consultation to address any questions or concerns you may have prior to arranging an appointment. We can then arrange an initial consultation. If we decide to work together, sessions would be held weekly, either on an open ended basis or for a limited time period.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Men's issues, Personal development, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited