- Phone number
Appointments are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays
About me and my therapy practice
At Evergreen Psychotherapy, I offer individual psychotherapy to Adults, Adolescents, and Children with a wide range of emotional difficulties, but with a particular focus on psychological Trauma Therapy, using EMDR.
I will provide you a safe, calm, trusting and confidential space where we can explore more deeply the concerns you bring to our sessions.
Are you -
Experiencing distressing and overwhelming feelings, struggling to cope?
Feeling down, lacking in motivation, and not knowing what to do?
Have you noticed your energy levels are low?
Cannot think straight or remember things, difficulty focusing?
Have you found life difficult – simple daily tasks drain all your energy?
Have you been impacted by Covid19 directly or indirectly?
Experienced any traumatic events – past or present?
Cannot sleep or get on with the people around you?
Therapy can help you.
Given our individual uniqueness, I tailor my approach to your needs, offering help, guidance, and support in finding a path through the difficult times you are experiencing.
The therapeutic space at Evergreen Psychotherapy will give you the opportunity to explore and understand what past and present issues might be hindering your ability to manage your daily life.
With my help, I believe you can heal your psychological wounds however they manifest themselves in your mind and body.
With my support, I believe you can reduce your symptoms significantly.
Together we will use your inner healing capacity, strength, and resilience to form a balanced sense of well-being.
I also offer Telephone counselling, Online psychotherapy and Online EMDR.
For more detailed information, please visit my website www.evergreenpsychotherapy.co.uk or send me an email or arrange an initial conversation without obligation: email@example.com
I am down-to-earth, calm, understanding, and empathic. I have over 15 years’ experience, including nearly 6000 clinical hours. I enjoy working with adults of all ages, adolescents, children and their parents or legal guardians.
• I hold a Degree (BA Hons 1st), a Diploma (Dip HE) and a Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling.
• My initial training was Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy incorporating the teachings of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Family Systemic Therapy.
• I am a fully qualified Practitioner in EMDR Trauma Therapy for adults and in EMDR for children and adolescents.
• During my early years of practice, I worked in charitable counselling organisations with adults of all ages. In addition, I spent 18 months training and working with the organisation Place2Be using art and play therapy with children and adolescents.
• Since then, I have worked extensively in educational settings with staff, children, and their families. These have ranged from primary through to secondary and on to A-Level students in both state and private sector schools as well as an international boarding school.
I continue to take part in on-going professional development, new training, and regular supervision to enhance my practice.
My first session
I recommend we have a brief telephone conversation before we arrange an initial meeting. This is to explore your reasons for seeking therapy and whether you feel I am the right person for you.
When we meet, we will first establish that there is a good connection between us. This is necessary for any therapeutic progress and for change to take place.
During our initial sessions, I will undertake a detailed psychotherapeutic assessment and will offer my professional opinion on which therapy will be the most beneficial for your needs and expectations.
Together we will explore your difficulties and work out the most helpful way forward, depending on your circumstances and my expertise.
In rare instances, if I am unable to help you or your child, I will support you in seeking other options.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma
Types of therapy
EMDR, Integrative, Play therapy, Psychodynamic
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Families, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling