- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I’m an experienced counsellor working with individuals, couples, and companies to support them through life’s difficulties. Such difficulties can occur through the impact of specific external events and life transitions, or sometimes we are left feeling overwhelmed, uncertain, anxious, depressed, or have lost meaning and direction in our lives.
I provide an open, nurturing, and non-judgemental space to explore these feelings and experiences.
Therapy is a process of understanding more about yourself, I work with empathy and compassion to support you in this therapeutic process, so that over time you can expect to see the impact in your daily life.
I work relationally, together we will look at the issues behind the challenges you’re facing, exploring ways to help you question your assumptions, face your blocks, and develop a greater sense of purpose and meaning.
These challenges may include:
- Major life events: starting or expanding your family, marriage, separation and divorce, career transitions, illness, bereavement and loss
- Emotional challenges: stress, anxiety, overwhelm, depression, attacks on your self esteem
- Challenges with identity and purpose: questions around life direction and meaning, feelings of despair, loneliness and isolation
- Damaging coping mechanisms: addiction, self-harm, damaging eating behaviours, and issues with anger management
- Pressures and challenges at home: relationship problems, family worries and issues, finding a work-life balance
- Pressures and challenges at work: negotiating work relationships, low self-esteem and imposter syndrome, over-ambition, dissatisfaction and loss of meaning
- Challenges facing professionals: navigating competitive and / or male-dominated environments, building confidence, and developing leadership skills
We can work together for a specific period or on an open-ended basis depending on your needs and challenges at that time. I work on a weekly basis with my clients, we will schedule a regular, mutually convenient day and time for our sessions. This will be your dedicated weekly slot, and each session will last 50 minutes.
Right now, all sessions are through Zoom. When it’s appropriate to do so, and if you choose, I will re-start face-to-face counselling from Muswell Hill (N10) in North London, and the City of London.
I am qualified in Psychosynthesis Counselling, an integrative approach which looks at the causes of the issues you are facing, and focuses on moving forwards with renewed meaning and purpose. I am a registered member (MBACP) of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and I operate under their ethical framework.
Before training as a counsellor, I spent two decades working as a senior professional in large global financial services organisations. I am keenly aware of the pressures on high performing professionals and the impact these can have on their personal lives.and the feelings of burnout, exhaustion, confusion and disillusionment that can arise as a result.
My first session
Please contact me by email or phone if you would like to find out more about working with me. I can also offer an initial 15-minute free phone consultation to discuss how I may be able to assist you.
If you would like to proceed from there we would then book an initial 50 minute session to meet each other, and discuss in detail what has brought you to counselling, how we may work together, and for you to ask any questions you may have.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Men's issues, OCD, Phobias, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, Psychosynthesis, Relational, Transpersonal
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, Older adults, Organisations
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work