- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
I am currently offering evening and weekend sessions:
- By phone
- Face to face on a socially distanced basis outside - in beautiful, public, quiet and safe locations during daylight hours.
About me and my therapy practice
Day to day life, conflicts, compromises, and the unexpected can grind us down. Perhaps some of the below resonate with how you’re feeling right now?
- Feeling sad or depressed, lacking motivation, or disinterested in life.
- Feeling anxious in social situations.
- Wanting to improve your life but scared of change or don’t know where to start.
- Feeling as if you have no purpose or something's missing but you're not sure what.
- Feeling unloved, as if nobody cares, or everyone’s against you.
- Continuously preoccupied with your relationship, trying to make it better.
- Finding it hard to control your emotions, having outbursts of anger, or crying all the time.
- Seeking solace from alcohol, exercise, food, self-harm, or obsessions; worried you’re on a path of self-destruction.
- Bombarded by intrusive thoughts, worrying you might act on them. Thinking everyone would be better off without you.
- Trying to suppress feelings, or avoiding conflict, causing resentment which is eating away at you.
- Compelled to seek reassurance, and feeling rejected when people don’t respond in the way you need them to. Or tired of always making the first move.
- Feeling ‘invaded’ by demands on your time, attention, and personal space, wanting to run away, or trying to please others at the expense of your own needs.
- Impacted by the aftermath of an affair, betrayal, bereavement, or ongoing misunderstandings, criticism, or feelings of abandonment.
- Suffering from a negative self-image or self-limiting behaviours which are holding you back.
Whatever you're experiencing or feeling, if it's impacting your mood and mental or physical health, talking it over with a professional can help.
I have over 30 years experience in understanding human needs, motivations and behaviours, gained through paid and voluntary work in charities and commercial environments. I am a qualified and experienced counsellor offering help for various problems to adult individuals and couples via single sessions and short to long term programmes. I listen carefully to each client, offering a safe and confidential environment to discuss their concerns, and tailor my approach to each person's individual needs. I am BACP registered which means I have the required qualifications to be a BACP member, based on study and supervised placement work; I practice my post-qualification counselling within approved standards of proficiency; and I ensure that I keep my skills and knowledge up to date via Continuing Professional Development. My practice is based on a BA(hons) degree in Psychology, a foundation degree in counselling, and training in IAPT Therapy for Depression plus various other courses. I currently work as a Relate counsellor and with my own clients. In terms of related experience, I have previously volunteered as a Samaritan, am a Mental Health First Aider, and also offer mentoring services.
Please contact me for an initial, short, free, discussion to explore how I may be able to help you.
My first session
Your initial session is an opportunity for you to outline your issues and counselling goals, ask any questions, experience how we might work together, and to discuss future counselling options. It's an informal session lasting about 50 minutes, which can be conducted face to face (during Covid-19 restrictions, this would be outside), online or by phone.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, CBT, Emotion focused therapy, Existential, Integrative, Psychodynamic, Relational, Systemic
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited