- Phone number
- 07989 427793
- Wheelchair accessible office
About me and my therapy practice
I have spent several years supporting people through their emotional distress, whether short-term crisis or a long-term debilitating emotional or mental health issue such as depression or anxiety. I have a calm and gentle counselling approach, which is also accepting, exploratory and engaging.
I work with a 'person-centred' approach, which is all about allowing you the time to explore your experiences without being judged, and allowing you the opportunity to find clarity when you may be filled with uncertainty about the way forward. Throughout my training I have studied a number of other theories and approaches which I bring into our sessions as and when they are appropriate as they can be real gems in helping an individual to understand what they're going through; this is also called working integratively.
Work can be short or long term, depending on your needs. As well as running my private practice, Ember Counselling, I work with EAPs to provide counselling support to local people and organisations. I have previously worked as a counsellor with NEW College, a local wellbeing centre, the Stroke Association, Droitwich Foodbank, a London-based online counselling helpline, and Cruse Bereavement Care.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Health Science (2017-2018)
• BACP Certificate of Proficiency (Jan 2015)
• Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (2012-2014)
• BSc (Hons) Counselling Psychology (2009-2012)
• Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (2012)
• Counselling Children and Adolescents Level 4 (2012)
• Level 2 Certificate in Awareness in Bereavement Care (2011)
• Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (2011)
• Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills (2010)
What I can help with
Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Personal development, Health related issues, Cultural issues, Identity issues, Men's issues, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Women's issues, Relationships, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited