- Phone number
- 07811 347122
I currently have availability Monday to Friday.
Please contact me for further information and most the up-to-date availability.
About me and my therapy practice
As an integrative therapist, I believe that each person is unique and therefore deserves a personalised approach to therapy. This means I use a variety of counselling approaches, including cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), person-centred therapy, and mindfulness-based approaches, allowing me to tailor my approach to the individual needs of each client. I always offer psycho-education as part of my way of working, to help clients to have more insight into their own experiences, and the counselling approaches I offer.
I know how it feels to be a client in the therapy room and have worked with a variety of therapists over the years, encountering several therapeutic approaches. My own life experiences have created mental health challenges at various life stages. Through these experiences, I formed an appreciation for the benefits of using more than one type of therapy.
I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling from Staffordshire University, following on from my training in children’s mindfulness and relaxation with “Relax Kids”. I have around 15 years experience of working in support roles, including specialist one-to-one educational support, special educational needs advice and family support, most recently working with children in care. In addition to professional experience, I also have lived experience of ADHD and parenting neurodivergent children, parenting through traumatic loss, and supporting school-based anxiety, which I believe all helps me to understand clients impacted by these issues.
Therapeutic experience includes: working with survivors of domestic abuse and sexual trauma; effects of childhood/developmental trauma; living with neurodivergence; and individuals struggling with difficulties including anxiety, depression and low self-esteem.
In my therapeutic work, I prioritise creating a safe and supportive space for clients, incorporating trauma-informed approaches and stabilisation where appropriate. I support clients to feel safe enough to explore their thoughts and behaviours, to discover and embrace their true self and empower them to honour their views, wishes and feelings. I place a strong emphasis on the therapeutic relationship, recognising that it is a crucial aspect of the healing process; and work collaboratively with clients to identify and work towards their goals for personal growth and well-being.
Areas I can offer support with:
- Developmental/Childhood trauma, attachment and relational difficulties
- Panic attacks
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Impact of domestic abuse
- Sexual trauma
- Impact of neurodivergence
- Impact of special needs parenting
- Bereavement and loss
- Young widowhood and solo parenting
- Children’s emotional well-being
Qualifications, Specific Training & Experience:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Level 7
- University Certificate in Counselling Skills, Level 4
- Poly-vagal and neuroscience-informed approaches to support emotional well-being, self-regulation and recovery from trauma
- Heart to Heart ™ Practitioner licence (supporting parents to increase connection with their child or teen)
- Relax Kids™ Coach Certification
- Low Arousal Techniques
- Child Psychology, Level 3
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Safeguarding Children
- Attachment and Trauma: Supporting looked after, adopted and vulnerable children
- Helping Children Deal with Loss Programme, Grief Recovery Method™
- Special Educational Needs & Disability Law & Guidance (IPSEA), Level 3
- Engaging with and Supporting Children & Young People
- Experienced in daily use of Therapeutic Parenting, Low Arousal and NVR parenting approaches
My first session
Our first session will be a shorter, 30 minute session. There is no cost for this, as it is an opportunity for us to meet, for you to ask any questions you may have, and for you to see whether you want to book further sessions.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Loss, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Stress, Trauma
Types of therapy
CBT, Emotionally focused therapy, Integrative, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy