- Concessionary rates
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00 am-4:30 pm
About me and my therapy practice
“We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time”- T.S. Eliot
I am an integrative counsellor working in Clapham, London and online. At the heart of my practice is a Humanistic base. I work collectively with my client to help navigate the highs and lows of life and what it means to be human.
I completed my Master’s degree in Mental Health Counselling in 2014 in the United States and have been working in London as a counsellor since 2016.
As an integrative counsellor, I use a blend of counselling theories to support my client. (Types of counselling theories can be found on the BACP homepage and also below). I understand counselling to be a confidential safe space, a professional alliance, a place to explore, a place to grow, a place to heal.
I work with “unconditional positive regard” for my clients, always seeing the person first over any diagnoses or “conditions”. Empathising, listening, supporting, being with, and holding space for a client to explore is always my number one goal.
I may use techniques from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, such as keeping logs of thoughts or worries, or Solution Focused Techniques that work on empowering and discovering strengths and current resources that can be used in daily life. I tailor these theories or techniques to suit each individual and keep an ongoing open discussion about what is working or not working for the client.
I am currently offering online and face-to-face sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10-4. Please see my website for more information, or email me to set up an initial call.
- Counselling theories that most resonate with me
- Person-Centered Therapy : derived from Humanistic Psychology and built upon the belief that each person has a vast potential for understanding themselves, self-actualizing, and solving their own problems within the support of a warm and trusting counselling relationship that guides the individual to grow in positive ways
- Adlerian Therapy : believes that the person can only be understood by looking at the whole complete being, emphasizing that where we are striving to go is more important than where we have come from
- Existential Therapy : based on what it means to be human; it recognizes both the limitations and opportunities of mankind, and promotes self-awareness, freedom of choice, & the search for meaning in life and death
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy : takes note of how our thoughts, emotions, and behaviours are all connected and influence one another. Cognitive distortions, triggers, and patterns are explored and modified. Goals are outlined and worked toward.
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy : highlights client's strengths and resources and seeks to create solutions in the present moment
My first session
I offer a free 10 minute audio or video call to determine how we may work together and whether I may be a good fit for you.
If a first session is booked, this is a time for you to tell me more about yourself, anything I may help you with, and what you're hoping to gain from counselling. From there, we can decide together the best way forward. I offer first sessions from £45 and subsequent sessions from £65. The first session is at a reduced rate, because I know the importance of finding a right fit in a therapist.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Health related issues, Loss, Neurodiversity, Personal development, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Cognitive, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy