- 80% of parents would encourage their children to seek therapy if needed.
- 88% would seek counselling for a problem before it gets out of hand
- 76% would recommend to a friend or family member
- 9-in-10 think counselling or psychotherapy should be accessible to everyone who wants it
- The experience was
- handled professionally 84%
- accessible 76%
- helpful 67%
- 84% think it is more socially acceptable to discuss mental health compared to five years ago
All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 5,731 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between March 4 and 14, 2019.