We aim to:
- take a leading role in the development of counselling and psychotherapy for children, young people and families
- promote the value of counselling and psychotherapy for children, young people and families
- provide opportunities for children and young people to have a voice and learn from them how to develop responsive services
- provide resources to support practitioners, service providers and organisations in the development of quality services
- act as an expert consultative group, contributing to government consultations and external communications
- offer professional support to our members
- increase political awareness around the need for counselling and psychotherapy for children, young people and families
- promote research in its broadest sense as an essential part of all practice
Meet our executive and share their vision for the division
Our quarterly professional journal covers up-to-the-minute thinking, research and best practice in the sector, accounts of projects in the field and contributions from regular columnists.
Useful resources for working with children, young people and families (members only)
Forthcoming events for BACP CYPF members
To contact BACP Children, Young People and Families, please email email@example.com
Children, young people and families
Promoting the importance of early intervention and access to timely psychological therapies for children, young people and families is a priority for BACP.
School counselling in England campaign
We believe that a paid counsellor should be available in every secondary school, academy and FE college in England.
Guidance and resources for members