CYP PRN aims to improve the psychological health and emotional wellbeing of children and young people in the UK.
We bring together practitioners, researchers and trainers to engage in research and gather evidence for the effectiveness of school and community based counselling services for children and young people.
We use the research findings to:
- improve the effectiveness and acceptability of counselling interventions for service users
- widen access to these services by influencing policy makers and commissioners
Our aims and objectives
- to promote awareness of and engagement in ethical practice-based research
- to support the needs of practitioners, services and researchers, and promote the inter-relationship of research and practice
- to act as a point of contact for school and community-based counselling services for children and young people
- to build capacity in researching counselling and psychotherapy for children and young people and create a sustainable network of practitioner-researchers
- to promote the use of diverse research methods
- to promote and support the measurement of outcomes through our toolkit
Toolkit for collecting routine outcome measures (pdf 4.5MB)
Join CYP PRN
CYP PRN is free to join and you don't have to be a BACP member. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.