This year’s Private Practice conference has been developed by Private Practice committee members (who all work in private practice) in collaboration with BACP and will explore some of the most difficult problems that can emerge for therapists of all modalities.
From ethical dilemmas, where there seems to be no obvious answer, to the kind of unexpected crisis that can prove overwhelming, such as the death of a client by suicide, the threat of stalking or harassment, a legal request for your patient notes or a complaint of malpractice. We’ll also look at areas that therapists – and supervisors - may struggle with, including finding effective ways to discuss the race construct, racism and difference and how to work effectively with erotic transference. Finally, we’ll explore the growing number of technological challenges to the therapeutic frame. We’ll consider how this can spill over into compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and help you to understand your own limitations to prevent burn out using practical and self-help measures.
For the very first time, the conference will also include a live panel discussion to explore ethical dilemmas and questions submitted by attendees.
The aims of the conference are to:
- increase confidence and competence in tackling difficult and sometimes taboo topics in therapy
- enhance ethical decision-making skills and apply them to complex scenarios.
- strengthen self-awareness and personal boundaries as a therapist.
- expand understanding of legal and professional frameworks impacting therapy practice.
- engage in open dialogue and collaborative learning with colleagues on contemporary ethical challenges.
Included in your booking:
- approximately 5 hours of CPD presentations
- an on-demand service so you can catch up on the event recordings. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day for 3 months.
- a CPD certificate download
- selected presentation slides
- lunch and refreshments
- opportunity to network with peers and colleagues and through the event app
The full Private Practice programme will be added at a later stage.
Join us on Saturday 14 September 2024.
This event will take place at ETC Venues St Paul's, 200 Aldersgate St, Barbican, London, EC1A 4HD.
Also included in your booking, catch up on the recordings from the event from Wednesday 18 September 2024 to Wednesday 18 December 2024.
The on-demand service will be human transcribed through a reviewed process to ensure accuracy.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Josh Reed at email@example.com.
Please see our sponsorship and exhibitions page for more details.