For 29 years, the BACP Research Conference has been a place where researchers and practitioners come together to exchange ideas on important research findings, presented in open discussion with constructive critical debate and helpful dialogue. The conference fosters a climate where all are welcome to share learning and network with other delegates.
Over this time the conference has been attended by representatives - both presenters and delegates - from 23 countries, making it a truly international event.
Included in your booking
- choose from four strands of presentation content including research papers, discussion papers, symposia and more (in-person only over 2 full days)
- access to the livestream strand from strand 1 on day 2 (online only)
- the option to include dinner for those attending in person. This will include a welcome drink during the awards announcement, a 2 course dinner as well as a selection of drinks on the table. Timings will be approximately 6.30pm - 9pm.
- an on-demand service so you can catch up on all the presentations and Q&A sessions included as part of the online programme. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day from 12.00pm on Monday 20 May 2024 until 11.30pm on Saturday 19 August 2024.
- a CPD certificate download
- opportunity to network with peers and colleagues and through the event app
Dr. Mhairi Thurston, Abertay University
Vision for change: Improving client services within the sight loss sector through lived experience, research, dialogue and collaboration.
Dr. Vanessa Pinfold, McPin Foundation
presenting on lived experience in research
The full programme will appear here shortly.
Join us on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 May 2024 in-person or Saturday 18 May online.
This event will take place at the Park Regis Birmingham, 160 Broad Street, Birmingham, B15 1DT.
Also included in your booking, catch up on the recordings from the event from Monday 20 May 2024 to Monday 19 August 2024.
See what our attendees had to say about a previous Research conference below:
This is the top research conference for counselling and psychology in the UK.
The conference provides a high level approach to research and encourages thinking and integral to practice. Prepare to feel inspired.
An inclusive, friendly environment that is welcoming, inspiring and engaging. Event was well organised and the online platform accessible and easy to use.
We can only take online bookings. Please book your place by clicking on the 'To book a place' pink box at the top of the web page.
If you are a BACP Member:
- login to your account
- select the day and your attendance option, you are able to select multiple days at the same time
- add the conference to cart
- proceed to payment
If you are not a BACP member you will need to create an account.
This can be done by:
- clicking on the 'To book a place' pink box at the top of the web page,
- sign up and create an account
- add the conference to your cart
- proceed to payment
For accommodation bookings at the Park Regis Hotel, Birmingham please visit Park Regis Birmingham and enter BACP as the offer code. This is for bookings on 16 and 17 May.
The on-demand service will be human transcribed through a reviewed process to ensure accuracy.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Josh Reed at email@example.com.
Please see our sponsorship and exhibitions page for more details.