We’re committed to developing the highest standards of proficiency and ethical practice within the counselling professions. And we’re passionate about advocating the role, relevance and value of counselling to the public, employers and commissioners.
If you share these values, we’d be delighted to welcome you as a member. You’ll be joining over 50,000 other counselling and psychotherapy practitioners and organisations in helping to raise standards, promote public safety and make our professional voice heard.
There are two ways you can join us:
If you're a qualified practitioner, you can join us as an individual member. Find out about if you're eligible and how to apply.
If you're currently taking a counselling or psychotherapy course, you can join us as a student member. Find out if you're eligible and how to apply.
Benefits of membership
As a new BACP member you'll get:
- free access to good practice resources and other member-only information
- free access to our Learning centre which hosts a selection of free learning content and a tool to plan and log your CPD
- free support and resources on ethical queries from our Ethics hub
- free subscription to our professional journal Therapy Today
- free access to our online research journal Counselling and Psychotherapy Research(CPR) and the EBSCO research journal database
- free access to our jobs board and student placements search
- discounted places at our events
- exclusive discounts on counselling and psychotherapy books
- option to subscribe to our member-only online CPD hub
- option to join one of our seven specialist interest divisions