- Phone number
- 07804 170343
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I'm an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist offering therapy that's right for you. I provide a supportive, confidential environment for individuals and couples in a private home office room for you to explore and work through issues you are facing. Following guidance I'm currently working online only.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy sessions either long or short term (6 - 12 weeks). I'm based in Elsworth, which is easily accessible from the A14 and A428 with off street parking. Please see my website for more about how I work and if I'm the right therapist for you. Free initial consultation for online therapy.
For couples I offer relationship counselling, this may be to build a stronger relationship, work through difficulties or to work with a relationship ending.
As well as my private practice experience I did short term counselling through NHS GP referrals in Cambridge for over 6 years. In addition to my counselling diploma, I gained my MA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2015 and I am an accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
There are a number of elements that integrative counselling and psychotherapy may include (see below). The ones we use will depend on what you want to work on and your preferences.
- Exploring how you're feeling, why you're feeling that way and how you can manage challenging feelings.
- Exploring how your past influences your present. What we see as children can lead us to make assumptions about the world that we sometimes aren't aware of. Knowing some of the reasons you feel the way you do can help you move forwards.
- Exploring what blocks you from doing the things that make you happy.
- Exploring current relationship dynamics and what you can do to make positive changes whether that be with your family, partner or friends.
- Working with past trauma in a safe, contained manner.
- Exercises and specific strategies for you to take away to deal with areas you want to address such as building confidence and self-esteem, decreasing anxiety etc.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) based techniques. Exploring negative thought patterns and using strategies to identify and change them.
- EMDR, the NHS recommended treatment for PTSD
What I can help with
Abuse, AIDS/HIV, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Men's issues, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, EAP, Older adults, Trainee
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited