- Phone number
- 07380 629570
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
AvailabilityLimited evening and daytime spaces available.
About me and my therapy practice
I'm an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist offering therapy that's right for you in person or via zoom. I provide a supportive, confidential environment for individuals and couples in a private home office room for you to explore and work through issues you are facing.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy sessions either long term or short term (6 - 12 weeks) and EMDR for PTSD. I'm based in Elsworth, which is easily accessible from the A14 and A428 with off street parking. Please see my website for more about how I work and if I'm the right therapist for you.
For couples I offer relationship counselling, this may be to build a stronger relationship, work through difficulties or to work with a relationship ending.
As well as my private practice experience I worked in short term counselling through NHS GP referrals in Cambridge for over 6 years. In addition to my counselling diploma, I gained my MA in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy in 2015 and I am an accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Reduced initial consultation fee: £35 individuals, £45 couples.
There are a number of elements that integrative counselling and psychotherapy may include (see below). The ones we use will depend on what you want to work on and your preferences.
- Exploring how you're feeling, why you're feeling that way and how you can manage challenging feelings.
- Exploring how your past influences your present. What we see as children can lead us to make assumptions about the world that we sometimes aren't aware of. Knowing some of the reasons you feel the way you do can help you move forwards.
- Exploring what blocks you from doing the things that make you happy.
- Exploring current relationship dynamics and what you can do to make positive changes whether that be with your family, partner or friends.
- Working with past trauma in a safe, contained manner.
- Exercises and specific strategies for you to take away to deal with areas you want to address such as building confidence and self-esteem, decreasing anxiety etc.
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) based techniques. Exploring negative thought patterns and using strategies to identify and change them.
- EMDR, the NHS recommended treatment for PTSD
- IFS (Internal Family Systems), which I integrate with EMDR. It's involves working with the different parts of ourselves including those exiled through trauma or protecting us in ways that may no longer be useful. If you don't feel like yourself right now as it gives ways of accessing your self again.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, AIDS/HIV, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Menopause, Mood disorder, Neurodiversity, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, EAP, Older adults, Trainees
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited