- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
You're here because you want to feel better? I can guide you through the confusion of therapy choice and help you define your therapy goals. I offer a free phone call to talk this through with you. Because I care about your therapy experience I'll signpost you on if I don't think I'm the best person for you.
I specialise in therapy for Anxiety, Stress, Anxiety combined with Depression, Relationship Issues and lack of confidence, and Anger Management.
My integrative training (which includes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), psychodynamic and solution-focused approaches) helps me adapt the way I work to develop the most helpful approach to meet your goals.
I'm qualified to work online and in-person.
I have more than 15 years' experience helping people find a better way forward, whether you:
- want to develop coping strategies for specific difficulties eg anxiety, stress, relationship issues, depression
- feel stuck, lack a sense of direction or think your past might be affecting you in the present
Where & when
I offer therapy in private practice in Wimbledon usually in the evening, or in the daytime in Richmond where I'm also Clinical Director at a practice of experienced, qualified therapists.
I've worked in
• the NHS leading teams of Primary Care counsellors & supervising their work.
• the commercial sector supporting stressed City workers at all levels find swift resolutions to their issues
• The Priory providing psychodynamic & integrative therapy
• Universities eg Master's programmes as a supervisor & offering therapy to trainees.
I also believe my varied career ranging from city investment analyst to a career in international development helps me attune to people from many walks of life.
I'm a qualified and experienced
- online therapist registered with ACTO (professional level2)
- in-person or face-to-face therapist, Accredited Member of BACP.
I work with adults, young people and trainee therapists. I aim to adapt my experience and training to fit your therapy needs and to work collaboratively with you.
My first session
The first session is a 'finding out' session. We talk about what you want to work on and what you want to get out of therapy. The pandemic has made online therapy increasingly popular and it requires some additional skills to enable each client to feel comfortable, safe and heard.
What to expect
- I spend a little while at the start of first session confirming confidentiality and clarifying any queries that might arise from the introductory email I send to set up the appointment.
- Then we focus on exploring the issue(s) affecting you, how long you've been experiencing them, what you find helps you and what doesn't.
- I'll ask some questions to find out about your life experiences, relationships and any risk factors.
- I'll aim to give you an idea of how I would help you address those issues, based on what you've told me so far.
In the first session you can ask me about my therapy experience, how long your therapy might last, any factors that might affect the regularity of your sessions and so on.
After this session we decide together whether you think I'm a good fit for your therapeutic needs, and of course I consider whether I'm the right therapist to help you. If not I would do my best to help you find another therapist.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Infertility, Life coaching, Loss, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, CBT, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Phenomenological, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work