- Phone number
About me and my therapy practice
Are you currently struggling with your mental health? Are you feeling anxious, depressed or battling with low self-esteem? Is your mental health being affected by the current pandemic? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then counselling can help.
Hi, I'm Emma (She/They) and I am a qualified integrative counsellor who can help you to make positive changes in your life. I am friendly, supportive and open-minded and can offer you a safe, non-judgmental space to explore any issues that you may be experiencing now or have experienced in the past.
I am passionate about helping others to be more kind to themselves. I believe that by building on the relationship that we have with our self, we may find it easier to embrace change and be in a better position to take on the punches of life. I work in a way that promotes a healthy relationship with the self alongside anything that you may wish to explore in counselling.
If you would like to book a session or if you want to know more about how I work and if I can help you, please get in touch via email, phone or text and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Please note: I am only offering counselling over the phone at the moment.
I am only offering counselling over the phone at the moment but please do not let this put you off as telephone counselling has been shown to be just as effective as face to face counselling.
My first session
- First of all we will agree on a date and time for the first session, usually over email or phone. For the first session, payment is to be made beforehand to secure the session slot and details will be sent via email.
- On the day of the first session, I will call you at the agreed time.
- During the first session, we will go over the counselling agreement. This is a document that we both sign to make sure that we both know what is expected from one another throughout our time together. The document will explain the confidentiality agreement, cancellation policy and some general information that will be important to our sessions.
- Next, we go through the intake form together. This form includes, preferred name, pronouns, contact details and an emergency contact. I do ask for an address and GP details for emergency purposes but these do not have to be given if you don't want to share them.
- Then we will look at your aims for therapy and I may tell you a little bit more about how I work. You will always have an opportunity to ask questions and I may check in with how you are feeling before the end of the session. It is totally normal to feel anxious or nervous before and during the first session, my goal is to help ease any anxieties and make sure you are feeling comfortable and safe.
- At the end of the session, we may book in a time slot for the following week or if you would like some time to have a think about things, I can leave it up to you to get in touch after the session. There is absolutely no pressure to rebook if you do not want to.
I am committed to providing a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment for all of my clients. My aim by the end of the first session is make sure you feel informed, relaxed and at ease.
What I can help with
ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum / Aspergers syndrome, Bereavement, Depression, Development coaching, Health related issues, Identity issues, Life coaching, Loss, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Creative therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee
How I deliver therapy
Telephone counselling, Time-limited