- Phone number
- Concessionary rates
Currently I have some availability.
About me and my therapy practice
I'm an integrative counsellor - I recognise that people are diverse and complex, and there are many ways in which the human psychology can be explored and understood.
Using a range of counselling modalities, I aim create a bespoke approach to suit each client. Some clients will benefit from exploring their past relationships, learning more about their patterns of behaviour. Others prefer a more solution focussed therapy, with strategies and 'homework'. But with all clients, I believe it is crucial to build a rich and authentic therapeutic relationship - I'll explain what this means in our initial chat. Numerous studies have shown it is this strong connection that is crucial to the success of therapy - something I have found to be true in my own experience.
I work a lot with people who feel 'different'. That feeling of being different can be lonely, hard and hugely impacting. Here are some examples of difference from clients I have worked with:
• cultural and ethnic differences - in growing up & fitting in; mixed race relationships; religion; living in different countries; having mixed race heritage...
• family - a culture of secrecy in the family; conflicts with honour, reputation & tradition; affairs; expectations & responsibilities...
• sexuality and sexual preferences - coming out/not coming out; feelings of shame; being in a heteronormative family/society; intersectionality; the impact of religion; growing up experiences such as bullying in school; unconventional relationships...
• being different - a feeling of disconnection; a feeling of being different to those around you; being the 'weird' one; not feeling connected to family; living a lot in your head as a child/now; loneliness; intrusive thoughts; awkward in social situations ...
• gender - non binary; gender diverse; gender expression; erotic identity.
Currently I am only working online or by phone. I prefer online (Zoom, Teams, Skype) but understand that for some clients, phone is preferable. The choice is yours.
I am not sure when I will return to 'face to face' counselling so I respectfully suggest if this is important, I am not the right therapist for you.
My first session
I prefer to have a chat first before the first session. We can do this on the phone or online. This will help me understand your needs, and you will get a better understanding of how I work, and what it feels like working with me.The consultation is free and usually lasts around 30 minutes. There is no obligation to work with me after that - I leave it to you to contact me or not.
Regular sessions are 50 minutes long and usually once a week.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Men's issues, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Emotion focused therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Neuro linguistic programming, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainee
How I deliver therapy