- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
Hello and welcome to my profile! Please get in touch for my availability. I can offer both virtual and face-to-face therapy.
- Advanced Mental Health Practitioner (CAMHS Crisis Line at Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Trust)
- Mental Health Practitioner (Step2 CAMHS at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust)
- ARC worker and CBT therapist (ARC services at Hertfordshire County Council children's services)
- Assistant Psychologist (Cygnet Health Care - Adults Psychiatric Hospital)
- Mental Health Assistant (Friends of Bright Eyes - respite charity)
- First-class BSc with honours in Clinical and Community Psychology
- MSc in Clinical Psychology
- PGDip in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psychology PhD; my project is focusing on metacognition in children/adolescents with PTSD and dissociation.
- Circle of Security Parenting (COSP)
- Mental Health First Aid
- Youthscape Self-harm training
- ARC training
- DBT skills coaching
Asad, J., Spiller, M. J. & Jonas, C. (2016). Auditory and Visual Crossmodal Correspondences with Haptically Perceived Liquid Viscosity. Multisensory Research 29 (8).
About me and my therapy practice
'The idea of a new hero for a new day sang to me' - C.H.
- I am an Advanced Mental Health Practitioner and qualified CBT therapist. I have worked extensively with children, adolescents and adults within both clinical and community mental health settings for over 10 years.
- I implement a person-centred approach, ensuring that my clients feel supported, validated and safe in sharing personal thoughts and feelings, and are being supported in holding such emotions.
- I aim to create a warm environment and work at their own pace, but also to empower them to find their own strength and build resilience.
- I will guide you to discover meaning in your experiences and notice those blind spots that further impact your thoughts processes and emotions.
- Following a brief introduction over the phone, we will arrange an initial consultation (45-60 mins), followed by a second session which will involve an assessment (clinical interview and measures).
- We will then agree how many sessions you would like to start with, between 4-6 sessions.
- At the sixth session we will have a review of progress, re-establish goals and determine whether you would benefit from further sessions.
- At the end of treatment you have the option to purchase a detailed report which will summarise the assessment outcomes, treatment and recommendations. The price will vary according to the length of the report and number of sessions accessed - this is something I will agree on an individual basis.
My first session
- The first session will be spent firstly by getting to know each other, I will ask about you as a person, what brings you to therapy, support network, interests, previous support. I will assess risk and safety plan if necessary. I will also work with you to set some goals and give you a picture of what to expect from our sessions together.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Cognitive, Creative therapy, Existential, Family therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Play therapy, Solution focused brief therapy, Systemic
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Couples, Families, Groups, Older adults, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling