- Phone number
- 07936 587806
About me and my therapy practice
I'm a professional counsellor proving one-to-one counselling in Sevenoaks. I offer weekly sessions which can be open-ended or more short term if you prefer.
Sometimes it can be too difficult to deal with emotional or personal issues on our own. Talking them through with the support of a skilled counsellor can really help. I provide confidential and non-judgemental counselling in which, together, we can explore those challenges, feelings and difficult life events.
My approach as a counsellor is thoughtful and non-judgemental. During our sessions we might think about your past experiences and relationships and how these might be affecting your life now. We might also explore patterns of behaviour that might be causing you difficulty.
I work from comfortable rooms in Sevenoaks. These are located on the first floor and are accessible by stairs.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Do get in touch if you are thinking about having counselling.
Find out more at www.helenbarbercounselling.co.uk
My qualifications and training at a glance:
• I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
• I have a BACP accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills
• I have undertaken additional training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Alongside my private practice I work with adults at a counselling centre and I am a tutor to trainee counsellors
• I abide by the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Health related issues, Loss, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited