- Phone number
About me and my therapy practice
Sometimes it can be too difficult to deal with emotional or personal issues on our own. Talking them through with the support of a skilled counsellor can really help. I provide confidential and non-judgemental counselling in which we can explore those challenges, feelings and difficult life events.
My approach as a counsellor is thoughtful and non-judgemental. During our sessions we might think about your past experiences and relationships and how these might be affecting your life now. We might also explore patterns of behaviour that might be causing you difficulty.
I provide one-to-one weekly confidential counselling, which can be open-ended, or more short term.
I work from comfortable rooms in Sevenoaks. These are located on the first floor and are accessible by stairs.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Do get in touch if you are thinking about having counselling.
Find out more at www.helenbarbercounselling.co.uk
My qualifications and training at a glance:
• I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
• I have a BACP accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling Skills
• I have undertaken training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Alongside my private practice I work with adults at a counselling centre and I provide counselling to young people in schools
• I abide by the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Trauma, Health related issues, Self esteem, Child related issues, Relationships, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited