- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I have over 8 years experience working in an integrative way; using therapeutic approaches which best your needs, encouraging and empowering you to manage the challenges you may face.
I am a BACP registered counsellor, clinical and disaster trauma specialist, and educator in the areas of PTSD, disaster trauma, compassion fatigue, critical incident and stress management and more. My goal is to support and equip you with the tools necessary to overcome any challenges you may be facing, and empower you to overcome/dismantle any barriers that may be holding you back from finding hope and peace in living your life.
About my Training, Qualifications and Experience
I completed my Masters Degree in Counselling in the United States and on completion of this I specialised in post-disaster trauma. This training has been extensive to meet State licencesure criteria. Whilst I am equipped to work with those struggling with a range of life challenges, I have specific experience in the following areas;
- Working closely with the Army Welfare Service, providing therapeutic services to soldiers in training, those actively serving and their families.
- Working with Military Veterans and First Responders in a variety of settings.
- Working in multi-agency settings, with children and young people who have been criminally and sexually exploited.
- Working with survivors, and families of those, who have experienced domestic violence, self-harm and suicide.
- Working with those struggling with self-harm, and suicidal thoughts and ideation
- Supporting those struggling with PTS, PTSD, or any other traumatic experiences.
- Working with survivors of man made or natural disasters, as well humanitarian aid workers.
Areas I can support you with
Trauma, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Family Therapy, Couples Therapy, Grief, Loss and Bereavement, Personal Development,
Pre – During and Post Disaster Support, Critical Incident and Stress Management, Stress, Domestic Violence, Self Harm, Suicidal thoughts and ideation, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
Therapeutic Approaches I use
Integrative, Strength and Resilience-Based Approach, Person-Centred and Systematic Approach, Christian counselling
Clients I Work With
Children and Young People, Adults, Couples, Families, Serving Military and Veterans, First Responders, with survivors of man-made or natural disasters, as well humanitarian aid workers, and Health Care Workers
My first session
Our first session will give us the opportunity to get to know each other a bit, and therefore start building a therapeutic relationship.
This is also an opportunity for you to see whether I am the right person for you.
We will then talk through why you have sought help, your hope and expectations regarding therapy as well as how can i help.
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Outdoor therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy