- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
I provide a convenient and flexible counselling service that fits your existing commitments, with online and telephone counselling available for evenings and weekends, and face to face availability via Walk & Talk and Outdoor counselling (weather permitting) combining the outcomes of indoor therapy with the known benefits of the natural world
About me and my therapy practice
There is no single approach that matches all situations; each person is individual and needs to be considered as a whole. You are unique, and I will work with you to tailor my technique to match your individual needs and personal circumstances, promoting wellness across mental, physical, and emotional health.
I will be led by you and what matters to you and will support you throughout your counselling. Talking about you, in a space without judgement, to build a deeper understanding of yourself without fear, can be incredibly rewarding.
I specialise in working with anxiety, depression, feelings of sadness, low self-esteem, and low self-confidence, including coping skills, relationship issues, work-related stress, sleeping difficulties/insomnia, panic attacks and self-injury/self-harming. I take an active role in the counselling relationship, sharing self-help tools and techniques that match your goals.
• identify ways to feel less worried and manage the sense of panic that can seem so overwhelming
• explore why you may be lacking in energy or finding it difficult to make decisions, and support you reconnecting with your family, friends, and social activities
• discover ways to feel more confident in yourself, to be less critical and feel more positive, to tackle challenges that feel overwhelming and develop an improved understanding of yourself
• find alternative ways to manage the deep distress, feelings of sadness, emptiness and emotional pain that can only be relieved through self-injury
• understand the complex and painful emotions you feel when you experience a loss, whether it’s sudden or anticipated; a family member; relationship; job or pet
I particularly enjoy working with Student and Trainee Counsellors, for whom concessionary rates are available.
My first session
Your first session will be about why you are looking for therapy and what you hope to achieve. During this session, I will ask a number of questions to better understand and decide if we will be comfortable working with one another, and that the most appropriate type of support can be offered. If you feel therapy may be beneficial and choose to continue, we will also discuss how we will work together, how often we meet, session fees, all of which will be included in our working contract.
You have the right to ask anything you wish to know about my experience or qualifications and to question anything you may not understand. The aim of this session, is to agree our framework and establish our therapeutic relationship.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Business coaching, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Loss, Personal development, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling