- Flexible hours available
Face to face sessions available in Cwmbran Mondays - Fridays 9am-6pm
Online sessions available Mondays - Fridays 9am -6pm
Please contact me for availability and bookings
About me and my therapy practice
- experiencing unwelcome anxiety?
- feeling unhappy/sad?
- wanting a change in your life?
- noticing unhealthy patterns in your relationships?
- struggling with a loss or bereavement?
Whatever it may be, counselling offers you a safe, non-judgmental space to explore these difficulties and work on ways in which you would like things to change. I am offering counselling that is tailored to your needs and goals.
I have a flexible approach to appointments so you won't need to commit to the same time slot every week (unless you want to).
Training, qualifications & experience:
I am a fully qualified, insured and accredited counsellor.
- Individual Accreditation (MBACP) Accred
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Skills (BACP Accredited course)
- Advanced Certificate in Couples Therapy (COSRT Approved)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills
- BA (Hons) Degree in Counselling and Psychology.
I began my experience of face to face client work 9 years ago, and I have worked within several organisations prior to opening my private practice in January 2018.
I am committed to continuing my professional development and I do so by attending regular workshops, training days, and keeping myself up to date with relevant theory and research.
My approach to counselling is best described as a relational integrative model. To me that means I have been trained to blend theory and techniques from the humanistic (person-centred), psychodynamic and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) schools of psychotherapy. This allows me to tailor my approach to work with you in a way that best suits your individual needs and goals.
As of January 2022:
- 92% of my clients return after an initial session
- On average my clients work for 9 sessions
- 60% of my clients complete their work in 6 sessions or less
- 81% complete their work in 12 sessions or less.
- I also have experience of working with clients in a long term approach
My first session
A first session gives us the chance to meet one another, getting to know what it’s like to talk to each other and exploring what’s brought you to counselling and what your goals might be. It will hopefully give you a good idea about whether you’d like to book further sessions (although there’s no obligation).
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexuality, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Existential, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work