- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
I am a person centred spiritual counsellor and psychological astrologer. In my former career, I spent 16 years working in the defence industry including military service. Although I was successful, inwardly I felt anxious, lost and devoid of meaning in my life.
So, in search of change, I trained in ‘spiritual counselling’ and astrology, learning how to interpret natal charts. I soon realised that I lacked and yearned for a spiritual life. Astrology is now my daily spiritual practice and is a tool to help me navigate life consciously.
Since my career change and having left the corporate world, I have worked as a counsellor for charities, and I am now in private practice and I'm a counsellor for an Employee Assistance Programme.
I have specialised in bereavement, cancer counselling, perinatal counselling, psychological astrology and Jungian dream work. I blend together counselling, Jungian therapy and psychological astrology.
I can support you with crisis management, problem solving and decision making if you are dealing with challenging situations.
Additionally, I work psychotherapeutically helping you to understand your make-up, difficult traits, unhelpful behaviours and thought patterns. You might be feeling stuck or discontented with life and seek purpose and meaning which I can help you with. I can work with your dreams and fantasies as part of this inner-work.
I am interested in spiritual development and my counselling has evolved to support clients experiencing a ‘spiritual awakening / emergency’ – work pioneered by Stanislav Grof, Czech psychiatrist.
The impact of trauma, cancer and major events can be life changing, consequently it isn’t uncommon for transpersonal awareness and ‘spiritual emergence’ to unfold and I help clients to integrate this profound awakening and personal transformation.
Astrology is an option and I offer counselling & psychotherapy without astrology.
The video clip on You Tube demonstrates how I include a client's natal chart into a counselling session. Copy and paste the link into your web browser: https://youtu.be/jne7lLxq28o
Generally, therapy strives to:
i) Restore hope.
ii) Teach & model how to cope with suffering because suffering is common to all humanity and is a normal part of life.
iii) Promotes resilience.
Benefits of combining counselling, Jungian therapy and psychological astrology:
• Person centred counselling emphasises the importance of the relationship. You are likely to experience and learn an ideal model for relating, which can then be integrated into other relationships.
• Jungian therapy is creative, uses the imagination, explores dreams and fantasies, and examines self-defeating patterns (‘complexes’). Strives towards balancing the conscious and unconscious. Is a spiritual framework.
• Psychological astrology merges astrology with depth psychology, namely Jungian, and believes in the existence of the unconscious.
• The natal chart is a symbolic image and mirrors our inner-psychic dynamics (complexes). We are only fated by inner-dynamics when they remain unconscious thus rule the show.
• Astrology is about potentialities. Astrology aids self-awareness, decision making and is a tool to facilitate self-realisation and individuation. 'Individuation' in Jungian terms means striving for wholeness and balance (balance between our four inherent psychic functions and, between the conscious and unconscious realms of our psyche).
• Astrology shows how individual suffering is part of the collective suffering and developmental challenges of our time. Knowing that we are part of something greater than ourselves helps to alleviate feelings of suffering in isolation.
My first session
I will explore with you your goals for counselling. Don't worry if you can't think of any off-hand as I will help you in exploring this question and I will facilitate the process of unearthing your goals hidden with you. It can be helpful to imagine where you would like to be once counselling has finished? Or imagine describing to a friend counselling was successful, how would you finish this sentence off?
What to do next? Taking the first step…
• Contact me for a free 15 minute online session or phone call. This is an opportunity to meet, to ask me any questions, for you to assess whether you'd like to work with me and I can assess whether or not I am the right person to help you.
• You can have one counselling session or a couple. There is no commitment to sign up to several sessions; sessions are flexible and designed to meet your needs.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Depression, Infertility, Loss, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Service veterans, Spirituality, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Jungian, Person centred, Psychoanalytic, Transpersonal
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy