- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
Welcome to my profile,
I recognise that searching for a counselling might be daunting, with lots of information and so many to choose from, as a result, I have tried to keep the information below bitesize.
Best wishes for finding the counsellor you are seeking.
- I am a qualified and registered BACP counsellor providing on-line and face to face counselling sessions (in Felixstowe, Suffolk.)
- I hold professional liability Insurance and regularly attend professional development workshops.
- I have experience of working with a range of client reasons for counselling including anxiety, bereavement, depression, self harm, sexual abuse and domestic abuse.
- As an Integrative Counsellor, I am able to use a variety of therapeutic elements which can be tailored to your unique needs.
- I work in a humanistic way, focusing on creating a trusted relationship. Listening and asking curious questions is how we might create our relationship and discover what your counselling needs are.
- Working this way can be useful if you are feeling something uncomfortable but are not sure what the cause is.
- I aim to provide a unique space for you to explore your needs, without fear of judgement or criticism.
- I respect your views and opinions and I won't try and tell you what to feel, think or do, as we work together.
- We will regularly review how things are going, to check that we are working in the right way for you.
- I have been described as patient, kind and curious.
- I also offer creative ways of working through art materials and reflective writing. Working creatively can sometimes unlock and offer another way of communicating your unique life.
I provide on-line and face to face counselling sessions.
- I offer counselling to people aged 18 years old and older.
- On-line sessions are available to clients thoughout the UK via Zoom.
- If you are able to travel to Felixstowe, (IP11) face to face sessions are available in a confidential space.
- I can offer access for all within my counselling room.
- Both short term or long term counselling are offered, depending on what you need.
- Flexible session times are also available, for those working a changing shift pattern.
- I offer a reduced fee to £25 per hour for student/trainee counsellors.
My first session
- If you decide you would like to make contact, we can arrange an exploratory call/meeting to talk about how counselling might be useful to you.
- There is no fee for this exploratory call/meeting.
- If you feel I am not the right counsellor for you there is no obligation to go further.
- If you wish to speak/meet again, we will also discuss when and how we might hold our future sessions.
In our first counselling session there will be some paperwork to complete, which we can do together.
I will also share in more detail,
- how I work safely and ethical within the BACP framework.
- We also discuss your needs and agree our working agreement terms for example cancellation notice periods etc.
- We can explore more about what brings you to therapy and what you might like to focus on in future sessions.
- This may feel a little strange especially if you are not used to being able to talk freely. At your pace, we can begin our work together.
If you have a question or would like more information, please feel free to make contact.
What I can help with
ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum / Aspergers syndrome, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Disability, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Gestalt, Humanistic, Person centred, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited