- Phone number
- 07913 153406
I offer daytime and early evening appointments, Monday to Friday, 09.30am - 5.30pm.
Sessions can be in person at my practice in Beeston or remotely via zoom from anywhere in the UK, and you can switch between these where it is helpful, for example if you commute or travel for work, study or other reasons.
Availability can change at short notice, so please call my mobile for the latest availability information.
About me and my therapy practice
Hi, as a qualified and experienced therapist I provide caring, professional and confidential counselling and psychotherapy for adults (18 years and up) for a wide range of life issues, such as:
- Depression, sadness or low mood, feelings of despair, helplessness or hopelessness.
- Anxiety, fear, agitation or panic, for which there may or may not be an obvious cause.
- Bereavement and loss.
- Anger, irritability or agitation, often affecting relationships at home and at work, causing health issues and preventing someone enjoying their life.
- Low self-confidence, low self-esteem or communication issues.
- Victims of abuse, physical, emotional or sexual, past or present.
- Childhood issues, bullying, trauma or abuse of any kind (e.g. physical, emotional or sexual abuse, deprivation or neglect).
- Victims of bullying, past or present.
Unresolved "baggage" from the past, old hurts or resentments, regrets, anger, sadness, shame, fear or intrusive memories or thoughts.
Work-related stress, including achieving home-work balance, difficulties with colleagues or the environment, stress experienced by serving military personnel or veterans, medical professionals or emergency services.
Issues arising from major life changes, such as illness, injury, redundancy, separation, divorce, leaving the military and adapting to civilian life, issues arising from the pandemic, or retirement.
- Phobias, such as fear of flying, food, animals, insects or blood.
- Relationship issues, e.g., communication and intimacy with family, friends or relationships in a work or educational context.
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress, from recent events or those in the past, including abuse, assault, accidents or medical issues, or situations faced by armed forces or emergency services personnel, as well as legal, medical and other front-line professionals in their work.
I work with individuals from a variety of different backgrounds, occupations, cultures, genders and sexual orientations.
I offer therapy on a short, medium or long-term basis, depending on individual needs.
My practice is neurodiversity friendly, so I regularly work with clients who are autistic, have ADHD/ADD, dyslexia or dyspraxia and are experiencing mental health issues alongside these.
I am also a menopause-friendly practice and welcome anyone experiencing menopause or living with/supporting someone experiencing menopause.
Frontline healthcare workers, emergency services personnel, currently serving/veteran members of the armed forces, or their family members are all welcome.
I regularly work with students and university staff from both Nottingham Trent University and the University of Nottingham.
My Beeston practice is within easy reach of the city centre by public transport (bus or tram) and there is plenty of free on-street parking nearby. I am only a short walk from the University of Nottingham campus.
My first session
I offer a free initial 30-minute phone consultation to discuss what you are looking for from your sessions, find out a bit more about your situation and give you the chance to ask any questions you might have.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Health related issues, Leadership coaching, Life coaching, Loss, Menopause, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Service veterans, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Humanistic, Neuro linguistic programming, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work