- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
*Availability for after school private work now open * please enquire directly. Hackney Location.
About me and my therapy practice
My work as a Child and Young Person's Counsellor is a practical, safe, attachment focused and creatively developed therapeutic service for children and young people in difficulty. I understand that some children have big feelings or overwhelming experiences that they have yet to make sense of. I also understand that some families struggle to stay together healthily.
Counselling can help children to start to process their emotional experiences and in time, support them to rediscover their resilience to 'bounce back' from challenge in life.
I build a relationship with a child or young person through a mixture of therapeutic invitations including; aspects of art, play, drama, music or talk therapy. Every child's-inside story matters to me, and they will be invited to express whatever is important to them, with compassion, confidentiality and trust.
Integrative child therapy seeks to work from where a child is today, recognizing their strengths and difficulties. This includes supporting children and young people to;
- Understand feelings in confidential and creative
- Rediscover their social skills and self esteem
- Explore what matters to them and how
- Explore many feelings, big, small or contrary
- Feel calmer, so that they are more able to follow instructions, learn and trust others
- Feel less alienated, misunderstood to fearful
- Have a separate space to think about their minds, bodies and what may be happening to them in distress
- Build resilience, so they can ' bounce back' from challenges
My first session
Following an initial free telephone call/email enquiry I will;
1. Invite significant adults around a child to meet with me in person for information gathering session. This will usually run for 50 minutes and allows me to gain a deeper understanding of your child, your family history and what your hopes are for any child or young person you are concerned about. Cost £40.00
There is never obligation to progress to sessions at this point.
Should we both feel that working together could be useful, I will arrange to meet the child/young person in the therapy space, so that they are included in the starting process.
I Work to a minimum of 6 sessions, for a useful assessment period and to start to get to know a child genuinely and at a pace that meets their needs.
Please do get in touch so we can discuss your concerns.
Thank you, Stella.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Loss, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Self-harm, Trauma
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Children, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work