- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
- I currently have availability for face-to-face, telephone and/or online counselling.
- I work on the first floor but my workplace has a Stannah stair lift.
- My working hours are Tuesday-Friday and can include some evenings.
About me and my therapy practice
- Initial meetings can take place online or by telephone to determine whether we feel we can work together; there is no charge for this assessment.
- Counselling sessions are about 50 minutes long and usually take place weekly, but this can vary.
- When we meet, in order to plan, we estimate how many sessions may be required and then review this regularly.
- Sessions are paid for in advance and I require at least 24 hours' notice of cancellation. If I receive due notice, any fee paid already will be refunded or used for subsequent sessions. Without due notice fees are retained.
- After two missed appointments without explanation, I will assume that you are not yet ready for counselling and cancel any further appointments.
- I am a Person-centred counsellor, which means that my sessions are led by my clients; you choose how you wish to present yourself and what you wish to talk about. But, as I was trained as a psycho-dynamic counsellor, I sometimes integrate aspects of this philosophical perspective into my counselling when I feel that my client might benefit from it; this means that if you are willing, we may explore your past in case it has a bearing on your present.
- I do not have any preconceived ideas about how you will be, what you will bring, how you will express yourself; the time is yours to be used as suits you best.
- I am a Relate-trained counsellor and specialise in Couple Counselling.
- I also trained with a Psychologist for Older People in counselling older people.
My first session
- In the first session, I will go through a Counselling Contract with you. I will have sent you a copy in advance and when we are agreed about its contents, we will each sign two copies so that we each keep a signed copy.
- The purpose of the Contract is to determine from the outset how we will work together; we discuss it when we meet so that you can ask questions about it and we can agree changes if necessary.
- The contract covers topics such as:
Types of therapy
Emotionally focused therapy, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Interpersonal, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Relational, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, Groups, Older adults, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy, Time-limited