- Concessionary rates
From May 2021, working hours are Tuesdays 9:30-2 pm and Thursdays 9:30-4:30 pm.
About me and my therapy practice
I am an integrative therapist, meaning I use a blend of counselling theories to support my client. (See theories in Practice Description)
I always work collectively with my client, as a team, listening to the client's needs, questions, and concerns, and tailoring the counselling experience throughout the process as needed. Above all, I believe the counselling relationship to be more important than any counselling theory, therefore I always put the person first.
Empathizing, listening, supporting, being with, and holding space for a client to explore in a confidential and professional environment is always my number one goal.
I am currently offering online sessions only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I always suggest an initial 4-6 sessions, but whether you'd like 1 session or 100 sessions, that is completely up to you. Please see my website for more information, or email me with any questions and/or to set up an initial session.
- Counselling theories that most resonate with me
- Person-Centered Therapy : derived from Humanistic Psychology and built upon the belief that each person has a vast potential for understanding themselves, self-actualizing, and solving their own problems within the support of a warm and trusting counselling relationship that guides the individual to grow in positive ways
- Adlerian Therapy : believes that the person can only be understood by looking at the whole complete being, emphasizing that where we are striving to go is more important than where we have come from
- Existential Therapy : based on what it means to be human; it recognizes both the limitations and opportunities of mankind, and promotes self-awareness, freedom of choice, & the search for meaning in life and death
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy : takes note of how our thoughts, emotions, and behaviours are all connected and influence one another. Cognitive distortions, triggers, and patterns are explored and modified. Goals are outlined and worked toward.
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy : highlights client's strengths and resources and seeks to create solutions in the present moment
My first session
I offer a brief ~5-10 minute phone call/zoom for free to determine how we may work together and whether I may be a good fit for you.
If a first session is booked, this is simply a time for you to tell me more about yourself, anything I may help you with, and what you're hoping to gain from counselling. From there, we can decide together the best way forward.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Asperger syndrome, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Health related issues, Loss, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Cognitive, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling