- Phone number
About me and my therapy practice
Hi, and welcome to my profile. Whether you know exactly why you want therapy or your reasons feel vague but somehow important, I'd like to help you get to the heart of the matter. I work with clients one-to-one in Chippenham.
My practice is grounded in down-to-earth clinical skills and a leaning to work creatively (more on that below) with whatever you are struggling with or want to achieve. My intention is to listen carefully and engage in a focused way with you to help you towards your goals, whether they be understanding, healing, growth, action or anything in-between.
I hold a BA in Psychology and Philosophy and a Diploma in Integrative Transpersonal Counselling. I have a professional background in operations, technology, and leadership in the private and third sector so I understand the joys and challenges of this kind of work. My ethnicity is mixed, with English and Jamaican heritage and I was born and have lived mostly in the UK. Some clients may wish to explore their own racial identity including the nuanced mixed-race experience (of any heritages) in therapy with me.
Some of the areas in which I can work with you:
- finding purpose and meaning in your life
- overcoming depression and anxiety
- overcoming stress and burnout
- healing from trauma and emotional wounds
- connecting with your emotions and developing the capacity to be with difficult and positive feelings
- personal and work relationships and goals
- overcoming stuck patterns of behaviour that no longer serve you
- developing healthy boundaries, confidence and self-compassion
- growing in self-awareness
- regulating your emotions and nervous system
- developing a relationship with your inner-self and innate wisdom
- exploring your relationship with your racial identity
- integrating a previous psychedelic experience
My integrative training means that I draw on a number of different approaches to suit you. The approaches I use are listed below.
In weekly sessions, you decide what you want to focus on and I listen with engagement, compassion and care. I offer reflections and even gently challenge, always with the intention of movement towards your goals.
Although every person's therapy is different, you can expect that we might explore:
- what is happening for you in the here and now and what you want for the future
- your previous relationships and experiences and how they may have shaped the way you think, feel and act today
- your sense of emotional connection and processing of emotions in a compassionate and safe space
- background narratives that may be a strength or a hinderance to your life and goals
- using your imagination and creativity to support you in connecting with the parts of yourself that evade conversational language, such as paying attention to images, dreams, music, poetry or other arts
- how your nervous system might be impacting you and how to soothe it
- your experience, connection with and identity in the wider systems that we are a part of - ecologically, spiritually, socially
All of this is in the context of building a strong relationship of trust, which is the ongoing and most important element of our work together (whether it is 6 weeks or longer). The research tells us that this is the most reliable indicator that your therapy will be successful in achieving your goals.
My first session
We will get to know each other, discuss what you would like to get out of therapy and you can ask questions. I will cover some practical things like confidentiality. It is an opportunity to experience how I work as a therapist and get a sense of whether we are a good fit.
If we agree to work together, we'll identify a weekly slot and way forward - a number of sessions or more open-ended.
What I can help with
Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Existential, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative, Jungian, Psychodynamic, Relational, Transpersonal
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited