- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
About me and my therapy practice
- Having worked for over 30 years in the National Health Service, and the last 22 years specifically in a Mental Health environment providing psychological therapy, my private practice provides a Counselling and Psychotherapy service with a particular focus on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This involves both brief and long-term face-to face therapy work. Telephone Therapy is also available. The therapy offered has developed from many years of experience and training in a range of therapy skills and techniques; this enables clients to navigate their way through current reactive conditions in addition to historical and unresolved painful issues, and move towards the effective self-management of their life situation.
- Common and enduring conditions including anxiety, depression, panic disorder, stress and work related issues, PTSD, bereavement, anger management, redundancy, OCD, current and historical issues of abuse, relationship and family issues, addictions, eating disorders, self-harm, long-term and medically unexplained conditions are addressed through therapy.
- Practice covers West Midlands, Worcestershire and Birmingham.
- Appointments are available on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Counselling appointments begin within an Assessment, and each appointment lasts for one hour. The number of appointments is dependent upon the needs of the client, and is always within their control, as they are the expert on their own condition. The locus of work helps to confront and explore the issues which impact upon cognitive, emotional and behavioural reactions to life crises and traumas. In general terms, the model of approach is one of Brief Therapy with a Solution Focused emphasis. However, there is not a prescribed number of appointments as this will be dependent upon the needs and recovery of the client.
What I can help with
Addictions, Eating disorders, Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Service veterans, Asperger syndrome, Cancer, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Men's issues, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Adoption issues, Relationships, Sex-related issues, Anger management, Redundancy, Stress, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, CBT, Existential, Family therapy, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative, Neuro linguistic programming, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Couples, EAP, Families, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited