- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
• Level 6 Part 1 Diploma in Rape & Sexual Abuse Counselling Training.
• MSc in Existential Psychology and Psychotherapy – a joint programme between the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling and Middlesex University
• Foundation Course in Cognitive Analytical Therapy (CAT), Theory and Practice, Psychological Therapies Training Resource, South Kensington and Chelsea Mental Health Centre (Chelsea &Westminster Hospital), Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust.
• BSc Psychological Sciences, Westminster University, Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Psychological Sciences with Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1)
• Barnet College, London: Access to Health Professions and Nursing Studies
I practice Integrative Psychotherapy – an eclectic form of practice which integrates elements from different schools of psychotherapy. Integrative psychotherapy/counselling is a conglomerate of different theoretical and practical approaches informed by the client’s individual needs and values. Integrative style of therapy reflects the complexity of human experience. This particular form of therapy/counselling nurtures a spontaneous and creative therapeutic relationship between the client and therapist. I believe forming a positive therapeutic relationship is the paramount of the healing process. Within my practice, I tend to focus on the understanding of human experience through an existential-phenomenological paradigm. I consider in my practice themes as death, meaning and isolation. I think there is a universal need in people to explore who they are. Above all, I believe that mental health is a complex issue which requires an elaborate, analytical, and contained approach to tackle the knotty way to recovery. Counselling/psychotherapy can reflect this complexity, and therefore transpires hope.
- A reflective and creative space. While you yourself develop and expand the space as the therapy progresses, I will accompany you on the journey towards more fulfilling life. The work is always collaborative.
- Time to reflect on your experience, to look back reviewing past events or situations (Retrospect) to examine and observe your own mental and emotional process (Introspect).
- Safe and non-judgmental space.
- Professional expertise
- Empathic understanding (empathy is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another; is to understand and feel what another person is experiencing from within the other person’s perspective (frame of reference).
- A therapeutic relationship. Therapy/counselling is always relational. It happens between two people (the client and the therapist) in real time (‘here and now’); as Buber stated: ‘All real meeting is healing’.
- Space where you can focus on your achievements, values and beliefs.
- Time and space to communicate, open up and offload.
- Structure and regularity – therapy room can be seen as a meeting point for the client and the therapist to meet on a regular basis (usually once a week).
- Protective space when you can stop for a moment (for the duration of the session) and put your mind and body at rest.
- An opportunity to reconnect with your feelings.
- An opportunity to resolve historical and present conflicts. Resolution of conflicts can lead to a deeper sense of meaning in life and therefore enhance your well-being.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, AIDS/HIV, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Cancer, Career coaching, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Development coaching, Disability, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Life coaching, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Cognitive analytic therapy, Creative therapy, Existential, Integrative, Person centred, Phenomenological, Psychoanalytic, Relational, Systemic
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited