- Phone number
- 07399 612967
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
I have availability for new clients. In addition to normal working hours, I still have some early morning, early evening and Saturday afternoon slots available.
About me and my therapy practice
Are you looking to make sense of things?
We seek counselling for a number of reasons including anxiety, trauma, depression, loss, stress, relationship difficulties - but also to gain a greater understanding of the ‘self’ and improve psychological well-being. Mostly, and put simply, we want to learn to feel better about ourselves.
I am a progressive, private practitioner and provide a confidential service where you can talk, express your feelings in a non judgemental, neutral and safe space. I work with adults, face to face and do not restrict the amount of sessions (open ended)
Why you may be considering therapy or counselling:
This isn’t meant to be an exclusive menu, but the following may well resonate:
- you feel angry (a lot)
- so much anxiety! often paired with stress
- constant sense of depression, sadness.
- you live with trauma, suffer[ed] from abuse (psychological, emotional, physical, sexual)
- self harm is an outlet and/or coping mechanism for you. Ditto addiction
- “The drugs don’t work”(the Verve), at least not on their own, “Can’t I just talk to someone?”
- you feel overwhelmed.
- a great, dark hole and sense of loss, emptiness never leaves you
- you struggle in/with relationships
- you’re really not sure who you are, what you are capable of and feel lost in the world.
- no-one is listening, you don’t feel heard
- you want to have more confidence and/or feel less insecure
- living with neurodiversity
- isolation and family unit breakdown
Do you get annoyed when people give you sympathy? Why does that make us feel even worse about ourselves or our situation? Similarly, how irritating or hurtful can (well intended) advice be? Sometimes we just want to say what is going on inside us, right?
Rather than analysing, directing or advising you, or tell you how to feel and act, I walk alongside you in your discovery for answers, healing and growth from your core.
I work from a humanistic approach; in particular the person centred way with a smidgen of existentialism. It means working from the premise that we
- are autonomous beings
- have the innate ability to reach our full potential
- can become the person we are meant and want to be
- are responsible for creating purpose and meanings in our lives; not others.
There is no greater expert on you than you.
It just takes the right conditions, a safe, non judgemental space to nurture your growth.
My first session
To agree how we can work together, I offer a free of charge consultation call.
Therapy commences with a first introductory session (50 mins), where we meet in person , I learn about your drivers for entering therapy and your hopes and expectations.
For therapy to be most effective, we have weekly engagements. You may find you require time to digest and process in between sessions. Equally important is maintaining momentum.
Each therapeutic hour lasts 50 minutes. To protect your privacy and confidentiality, please do not arrive at the building more than 5 minutes prior to the start of the session.
Cancellation policy: I require a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Mood disorder, Neurodiversity, Obsessions, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Existential, Humanistic, Person centred
Clients I work with
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work