- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
- Available for home visits
About me and my therapy practice
If you're looking for friendly, professional support to help you through difficult times, I can help you.
- If life feels really difficult and you are struggling to make positive changes to thoughts, feelings or behaviours that hold you back, then it's time to change.
From coming to counselling with me, you will -
- Better understand and be free from behaviours and thoughts which weigh you down
- Manage your emotions rather than let your emotions control you
- Let go of constant negative feelings such as anxiety and depression
- Recognise and achieve healthy, equal relationships with others
- Not need to rely on others for your decisions and happiness
- Improve self-esteem and self-confidence
As a trained professional counsellor, I will -
- Support you in a safe, non-judgemental space
- Help you explore why life feels difficult
- Work with you to make positive changes
My aim as your counsellor is to support you to become free to lead a happy, confident life where you can comfortably manage the natural challenges life throws at us.
I have worked successfully with clients with the following issues -
Relationship & couples issues
Anxiety & generalised anxiety disorder
Self-esteem & confidence
Panic attacks & panic disorder
Divorce and separation
Attachment problems - family, friends, partners, children
Self-awareness & personal growth
Building greater resilience
Feeling 'stuck in a rut' or repeating bad patterns.
Making decisions and stopping others making decisions for you
Where is my life going?
My first session
Whether this is your first time coming to counselling or if you have been to counselling before, our first session will focus on helping you settle, feel comfortable and for us to begin to build a safe warm relationship where you feel able to talk freely, knowing you are not being judged and are really being listened to.
Together we will talk through your goals and expectations of what you want to achieve from coming to therapy. I will answer any questions you have and provide support through our 'working agreement' to help you through counselling.
I will tell you a little of how I work as a person centred counsellor to help enable you to feel safe to talk about what has brought you to counselling. I will ask you to complete a brief tick box summary of how you have been feeling over the past week and then invite you to start wherever feels right for you. Counselling is always all about you and your needs.
You will always choose what you wish to talk about in our time together so you are able to work through what is most important to you in each session.
What I can help with
Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Men's issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Humanistic, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, EAP, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling