- Phone number
- 0792 355 4334
- Wheelchair accessible office
About me and my therapy practice
What is Counselling, Psychotherapy?
It's simple really. Counselling is about talking through a particular issue, to gain clarity on thoughts and feelings and help us to navigate our way through. In psychotherapy we focus a little more deeply on themes that come up, enabling us to gain insight into limiting beliefs that are "programming" us outside of our awareness and holding us back.
How I Work
I bring my personal qualities of compassion, insight, intuition and non-judgemental listening. I'm an integrative therapist, which means that I use a range of approaches:
* Cognitive Behavioural
- Using CBT techniques to manage and counteract unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
* Person Centred
- Recognising each person as a unique individual
- Connecting with the thoughts and feelings of the inner self
- Identifying themes and images which provide insight into the unconscious mind, enabling the recovery of what presently lies outside conscious awareness.
I work in Belfast and Portadown. I provide a pleasant, relaxing space where it is safe to explore problems, fears and difficulties. My premises are central and easily accessible.
Confidentiality is central to my practice.
What I can help with
Self-harm, Abuse, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, Post-traumatic stress, Trauma, Service veterans
Types of therapy
CBT, Existential, Humanistic, Integrative, Jungian, Person centred, Psychodynamic
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Older adults, Organisations, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work