- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
4U therapy comes from a broadly humanistic theoretical approach. I believe that human beings are capable of change and are not determined by biology or environment although both play a part in who we are. I am not a purist and do not believe that one size or approach suits all clients. Having said that I believe the core conditions of person-centered therapy (congruency, unconditional positive regard, and empathy) are important in laying the foundations for a good therapeutic alliance/relationship. I also utilise elements of cognitive therapy, transactional analysis, and acceptance and commitment therapy where appropriate. Additionally, I offer mindfulness and grounding techniques when clients are experiencing an emotional crisis.
The 4 “u”s in 4u-therapy stand for UNLOAD/UNLOCK/UNLEARN/UNLEASH
4u-therapy is a safe space where you can
• unload your concerns, troubling thoughts, and worries
• unlock some of the causes of these patterns of thinking and behaving which may now be unhelpful
• unlearn responses that have lost their usefulness
• unleash your full potential
4U- therapy is
• Confidential and boundaried and adheres to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy ethical framework.
• Egalitarian, where the client/therapist relationship is central to the therapy
• Integrative/eclectic and based on the needs and preferences of the client
My first session
I offer a free initial 30-minute online session.
In this session, you can ask me any questions about fees, availability, and my method of working.
In this session, I will ask you what has brought you to seek counseling and what you expect to gain from it.
After the session, if you decide to continue with me, I will send you a counselling agreement which I will ask you to sign and return before the next session. I take payment by bank transfer and I expect payment after each session and before the next session.
You are free to leave counselling at any time in the process.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anxiety, Autism spectrum, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Relationships, Self esteem, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online therapy, Telephone therapy