- Phone number
- 07984 106004
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
- Sessions are online via Zoom video or telephone (UK)
About me and my therapy practice
My name is Sharon and I am a BACP Accredited Therapeutic Counsellor, specialising in supporting recovery and healing from Narcissistic Abuse.
I offer non-shaming, trauma-informed therapy to help you to process and find a deeper healing from life experiences that have overwhelmed you.
Trauma is not just about what has happened to us, it is also about what happens inside of us as result of the events and experiences we have been exposed to. Trauma affects us body, mind and soul.
- Do you feel like ghost in your own life?
- Does the version of yourself that you used to recognise feel lost or out of reach?
- Do you regularly experience self-criticism or feelings of anxiety or anger?
- Do you suffer with a chronic health condition?
If you feel things deeply, feel that you don't matter, that your needs go missing in relationships or you find yourself people-pleasing, apologising for things that are not your fault, struggling with perfectionism or procrastination, I could be the therapist for you.
I have a wealth of training and experience to draw upon, including 10 years in the NHS as a High Intensity Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor.
Informed by neuroscience, Polyvagal Theory, Transactional Analysis (TA), Inner Child work, Rewind Trauma Therapy and the experiential evidence based models of Internal family Systems (IFS), Person-Centred Experiential Counselling for Depression (PCE-CfD) and Brainspotting, my holistic, body, mind, emotion way of working is non-judgemental and deeply validating.
Please see my website www.sharon-nicholson.com to learn more about my work, my training & qualifications, and how I can help you.
- Counselling sessions with me are held weekly or fortnightly.
- My Narcissistic Abuse Recovery work helps you to understand this trauma, supports you to take back your power, break trauma bonds and gently heal your unseen wounds.
- Rewind Trauma Therapy (for symptoms of PTSD) is often referred to as 'Closure without Disclosure' as you do not need to talk about your experience. Often only 2 or 3 sessions are needed to treat a single event trauma.
- Brainspotting evolved from EMDR and is a mindful, relational therapy that helps you to process past experiences at depth. I am able to integrate Brainspotting into counselling sessions, as appropriate. You can talk as little or as much as you need to during these sessions.
For all of the above, I offer you a warm, compassionate, online space where we can slow things down and prioritise your needs - prioritising your needs may not be something that you are used to!
If you wish to know more about the therapies I offer, or you feel drawn to working with me, please see my website www.sharon-nicholson.com to learn more about my professional experience and how I can help you.
My first session
Clarity call - I offer you an optional, free-of-charge brief telephone consultation (10-15minutes) to help us decide together if sessions with me maybe helpful for you.
If we feel like a good match, a full 50 minute consultation, via Zoom, will then allow us to talk about things in more detail, consider your relevant background history and establish an initial focus for our work together.
There is no obligation to continue with further sessions after our initial consultation, and I will help you to find an alternative therapist if we feel that I'm not the right therapist for you.
It is natural to experience some apprehension before an initial consultation, so my aim will be to put you at ease.
I will not expect you to talk about anything that you are not ready to - we can only ever go as fast as our nervous system will allow.
This session also gives you a chance to see what it is like to talk with me, learn a little more about the therapies I offer, and I can answer any questions you may still have.
Your Enquiry is Welcome
If you are unsure whether or not Counselling or Trauma Therapy is appropriate for you, please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
I look forward to hearing from you.
For more detailed information about my practice, please see my website www.sharon-nicholson.com
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Menopause, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainees
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Telephone therapy