- Phone number
- 07984 106004
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
- I offer online counselling sessions via Zoom or telephone throughout the UK
- Please enquire for availability
About me and my therapy practice
Professionally trained in London and the South West of England, I have a full-time, online Private Practice.
I have significant clinical experience, including 10 years in the NHS as a High Intensity Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor.
I hold a specialist qualification in Counselling for Depression and low mood (PCE-CfD)
- Do you struggle to identify and prioritise your needs?
- Would who describe yourself as a perfectionist?
- Are you very critical of yourself?
- Do you feel that you are not good enough somehow, or that you are failing at life in some way?
- Have you been described as over-sensitive? ~ Your sensitivity could actually turn out to be your greatest strength!
- Do you feel sad, have a sense that you are drifting aimlessly and no longer recognise yourself?
- Are you curious about yourself, your relationships, and feel ready for change?
If any of these experiences sound familiar, I could be the counsellor for you.
Experience Positive Change
My aim is to help you to feel comfortable enough to discover what your experiences mean to you, and gain what you need in order to experience positive change.
If you feel drawn to working with me, I offer you a warm space, away from the busy demands of everyday life, where we can slow things down and take some precious time to help you to discover and prioritise your needs.
Please see my website www.sharon-nicholson.com to learn more about my work, my training and qualifications, and what I can offer you.
As my sessions are online, either via Zoom or by telephone, you can have counselling from the comfort of your own home, or other private space of your choosing.
- Being in familiar surroundings often helps people to feel more comfortable.
Qualified since 2006, I work with adults on a 1:1 basis.
We work together at a pace that suits your needs. This means that you can get the most out your counselling experience.
My work is grounded in the Person-Centred approach and my extensive training and experience means that I can draw upon aspects of different models of therapy to best support you.
- We are all different, with individual needs, so there is no 'one size fits all' therapy with me.
Please see my website www.sharon-nicholson.com to learn more about my professional experience and my practice
My first session
I offer an optional, free-of-charge brief telephone consultation to help us decide together if counselling with me maybe helpful for you.
It is natural to experience some nervousness before an initial consultation, so my aim will be to put you at ease.
- I will not expect you to talk about anything that you are not ready to.
This session gives you a chance to see what it is like to talk with me, and I can also answer any questions you may still have.
There is no obligation to continue with further sessions after our initial consultation, and I will help you to find an alternative therapist if we feel that I'm not the right counsellor for you.
If you are unsure about counselling, please feel free to ask questions.
I look forward to hearing from you.
For further information about my practice, please see my website www.sharon-nicholson.com
What I can help with
Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Depression, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Loss, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Emotionally focused therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainee
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling