- Phone number
- 07734 603789
- Flexible hours available
- Wheelchair accessible office
About me and my therapy practice
My name is Alexandra Kubit-Hope and I run Green Stairwell Counselling, a private practice located in Dartford, Kent.
I am an integrative counsellor, which means I can adjust our way of working together to your individual circumstances and needs. I passionately believe that you are already holding the key to the way that you can help yourself, and that my role is to work with you on unlocking your individual potential, resilience, skills and experience, in order to find the way to a fulfilling and satisfying life, in a way which is best for you.
The feedback I receive from clients is that I am a warm person and counsellor, and a calm presence, who is able to create a safe and comfortable environment in which to talk. Whether you have a specific problem, or simply need a confidential and non-judgemental environment in which to talk, I can help. As well as offering traditional face to face therapy, I also offer online counselling.
I offer online counselling via email, Instant Messaging or video. Please email or call me to arrange an appointment.
My additional language is Polish.
Please contact me if you would like any more information.
I work online with clients, using either email, Instant Messaging or video. I have a Diploma in Online Counselling and I am a professional member of ACTO (Association of Counselling and Therapy Online). I enjoy working online with clients and the fact that it offers far greater flexibility to clients, and additionally in the current troubled times, it is the only 100% safe method to practice. I can offer you online counselling which apart from safety will:
• save you time you would spend on travelling to and from appointments
• your geographical location becomes irrelevant, you can choose to work with a counsellor you 'click' with regardless of where you both are located
• you don't have to leave the house if for example your mobility is reduced due to illness or poor transport links
• you may find it easier and less stressful experience than face to face sessions
• if you need to go away or are on holiday, you can continue having your sessions, and don't need to interrupt your sessions or discontinue
I am an integrative counsellor. That simply means that I will adjust my way of working with you to your needs and to what you want to achieve as a result of therapy. You may want to stop feeling unhappy here and now, or you may want to understand better what lie beneath of how you feel. Depending on that we will agree on how we will work together.
There is more than one type of online counselling and you can choose the type that suits you best, depending on how you prefer to express yourself, how much time you would like to have to think things through, and what kind or response you prefer from your counsellor.
My first session
• Email counselling - if you like expressing yourself in writing, and you like to have time to think things through between the sessions, this would be an ideal online counselling method for you. The clients also like having all emails from their counsellor after the sessions are finished, to look back or re-read again in the future. Even if your internet connection is shaky, it would not matter that much and if you don't have confidential space at home, email counselling is very discreet, and nobody needs to know that you are engaged in counselling if you don't want them too.
• Instant Messaging - if you like communicating via text, and receive immediate responses, then you may choose that way of online counselling. Such session would normally last 50 minutes and take place once a week or as arranged
• Video - if you like the flexibility of online counselling but like to see your counsellor during the session, and prefer to talk rather than write, then this would be an ideal online counselling method for you. The session would also last 50 minutes
• Voice only - if you don't want to use the phone and prefer to use the video platform with no camera, we can do that also.
After you first contact me by either email, phone or text, I will ask you for a brief description of what is troubling you and what method of online counselling you prefer. I will then email you my agreement and risk assessment form to complete and give you any extra information about encrypted services we would be using. Once I am satisfied that online counselling is suitable for you, we can start by devising a plan for email exchanges or making an appointment for IM/Video session.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to provide any extra information you might need.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Cultural issues, Depression, Disability, Health related issues, Infertility, Loss, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, CBT, Existential, Gestalt, Humanistic, Integrative, Person centred, Psychodynamic
Clients I work with
Adults, EAP, Older adults, Organisations
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling