- Phone number
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
I offer online and phone sessions.
Please contact me to find out if I am available at a time that suits you.
About me and my therapy practice
Would you say your childhood was fine but can't identify many times where you felt happy? Do you experience feelings of emptiness, struggle in relationships, or find yourself always doing things for other people? Do you feel like you have never fit in, or that you have to be someone else when you are around other people? Has something changed in your life and now you're finding it hard to adjust? Do you struggle to understand why you do some of the things you do?
You are not alone in feeling the way you do but without help it can be hard to know how to identify what you've never had. I have worked with many people with these feelings by tailoring my approach to meeting each individual's unique needs. Some of my clients have one specific issue, others have deep rooted issues that have been with them their entire lives.
In 2014 I began working with young carers and their families, and children and young people, and young parents in care. I also work with adults and young people with long-term and life-changing physical and developmental conditions, and their loved ones. This could be because of a recent diagnosis, preparing for end of life, unpredictable condition, or carers with issues around a change in the relationship dynamic, lone parenting, or bereavement. I have a special interest in attachment, childhood abuse, trauma, and neglect, relationships, identity, life transitions, neurodiversity (e.g. ADHD and Autism Spectrum Condition, Dyslexia) and other long-term conditions.
My qualifications include:
- MSc in Psychology
- PGDip in Working with Children, Young people, & Families: a Psychoanalytic Observational Approach
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
I am passionate about counselling, psychotherapy, and psychology, and I am always growing my skills to find the best way to meet the needs of my clients.
I offer sessions online and by phone from a private room in my peaceful home.
I offer a safe, confidential, and non-judgemental therapeutic space that also brings a sense of calm, warmth, and openness.
It can be difficult to reach out but when you feel ready you are more than welcome to get in touch.
My first session
Therapy can look different for different people, and we will talk about what therapy might look like for you.
When you contact me by phone, voicemail, text, Whatsapp, email or contact form, I will get back to you. We will be able to talk about what you are looking for and decide together if I am the right therapist for you. The most important thing is that you feel safe, willing, and able to talk to me.
Some useful information:
- The phone and email address you contact me on are only used for counselling with me. This means I can delete the call history/emails regularly so that I am reducing the risk to your data, and ensures I don't answer if I am not in a private space.
- When you call I may not be able to answer and you may be prompted to leave a voicemail message. I will listen to your message and return your call if you request it. If you do not want to leave a voicemail you can text, Whatsapp, or email me requesting a call/message back. If you call without leaving/sending a message I will assume you do not want me to return the call.
- If you can, please let me know when is best to contact you, and whether it is OK to leave a message.
- When I phone you, the number will display as private.
- I will send you a copy of my Privacy Notice when you first make contact.
- Please visit my website or contact me for more information.
What I can help with
Abuse, ADD / ADHD, Anger management, Anxiety, Autism spectrum / Aspergers syndrome, Bereavement, Cancer, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Development coaching, Disability, Health related issues, Identity issues, Life coaching, Loss, Personal development, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, EMDR, Humanistic, Integrative, Psychodynamic, Relational, Solution focused brief therapy
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, Older adults, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited