- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
Please enquire about availability and concessionary rates.
Remote sessions: £65-75
Office sessions: £75-85
From 5pm there is an extra £5 contribution added.
About me and my therapy practice
I am a psychodynamic counsellor; We are all complex and multi-faceted beings with different needs and concerns at different points in life's journey. My role is to listen and create a safe environment in which you can explore your feelings and thoughts freely. Exploring these, often involving childhood/personal history, within a supportive and structured way with someone who is trained to do it safely, can help in deciding whether certain core beliefs, once held about you and the world, are no longer appropriate and can thus be replaced with alternative, healthier options.
I have worked with clients in a number of areas such as depression, anxiety, cultural issues, trauma, refugee-related work, autism, anger management, relationships, self-development and bereavement.
I also have experience working with people who feel different, which can feel lonely and isolating at times. Here are some examples:
• Abuse – physical, emotional and psychological including child abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse and neglect.
• Being different – A feeling of disconnection; feeling different to those around you; being the 'weird' one; loneliness; intrusive thoughts; awkward in social situations etc
• Cultural and ethnicity – Growing up & fitting in; mixed race relationships; mixed race heritage; religion; living in different countries etc
• Family – A culture of secrecy in the family; conflicts with honour, reputation & tradition; affairs; expectations & responsibilities
As a psychodynamic counsellor I appreciate the impact of earlier life experiences on our thoughts, feelings and behaviours as adults. My aim is to allow an understanding of these historical events and relationships and to provide insight in to how we relate to others and ourselves in the present.
My professional approach with clients is relaxed and down to earth. My aim is to create a non-judgmental, insightful and confidential therapeutic relationship whilst supporting and working according to my client’s individual needs.
My practice draws on strengths specifically from psychodynamic practice and at times CBT, relational and humanistic approach. The psychodynamic approach entails exploring past and present influences and connections; whilst bringing awareness to recurring patterns of coping mechanisms and learning how to better manage these.
I have worked with clients at Mind in Croydon and Sutton Counselling. I am also an external assessor at Sutton Counselling.
My first session
Counselling aims for insight into difficulties and distresses, enabling you to gain greater understanding and motivation to identify and discover more appropriate ways of coping. This will be explored within the initial session.
Therapy can be seen as a process of self-discovery. I will offer you:
• An opportunity to think and talk about yourself and your concerns in a way that you often can't do with family and friends.
• Offer a place and time that is just for you to talk about those things that bother you.
• Listen to the way you feel and how this affects you and others.
• Accept the way you are without judging you.
• Help you to make the changes that you would like to happen.
• Work hard to create a good therapeutic relationship with you so that you can work well together.
• Understand that it is not always easy to talk about problems and to express feelings.
• Work with you towards improving your well-being.
I am available for remote counselling through Skype, GoogleMeet or phone sessions. I also offer office based sessions
I offer both time limited therapy, 12-24 sessions, and open-ended therapy. Sessions last 50 minutes and are usually the same time each week.
I am mindful that the process of finding a counsellor may be difficult and therefore I offer an initial 50-minute consultation session. This will give us an opportunity to meet and explore your concerns and needs. It is important for both of us to feel comfortable and to decide whether you wish to take up subsequent sessions.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Cultural issues, Depression, Identity issues, Loss, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Brief therapy, Psychoanalytic, Psychodynamic, Relational
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Long term sessions, Long-term face-to-face work, Online therapy, Short term sessions, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone therapy, Time-limited
English, Danish, Urdu