- Phone number
- 07498 099696
I have some limited availability.
About me and my therapy practice
A warm welcome
Whether the problem is your life circumstances, relationships, your past, or it feels like it’s something about you, if you’re suffering and struggling, I can help you. Perhaps everything you've tried so far to improve things hasn't helped in the way you'd hoped, and you’ve run out of ideas. Perhaps you haven’t had the caring environment to work through your problems, or the people you turned to haven’t given you what you needed. If this is you, take heart – over the past eight years I have worked with people from many different walks of life, helping them to live happier, more fulfilled lives.
Whatever the nature of your problems, my aim is for you to arrive on a path that is less full of suffering and dysfunction. In a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space we will explore your memories, beliefs, assumptions, feelings, body sensations and style of relating. I will assist you to develop the inner resources you need to move forward.
When you take your therapeutic journey with me, I will walk the path of exploration, healing and growth with you, whatever we find on the way and wherever it takes us. I will stay the course with you, always holding your best interests in mind.
The type of therapy I offer: my approach can be described as Integrative-Relational-Developmental.
Integrative means...that I draw on various therapeutic approaches and psychological research to enable me to respond flexibly to your therapeutic needs and serve your best interests.
Relational means...that I provide a therapeutic relationship that supports your healing and growth. I offer you both the opportunity to risk being yourself with me - and to discover who you can be when you feel truly accepted for who you are.
Developmental means...that I take a special interest in your early life experiences. Applying a developmental focus can bring profound, lasting change.
- I offer short-term (up to 20 sessions) and long term (20+ sessions) face-to-face work with adults.
- Sessions last for one hour and are charged at £65.
- Payment methods: I accept BACS (bank transfers).
- My practice is located at The Clarendon Centre in Leamington Spa. Ample parking is available close by.
- COVID-19: I offer face-to-face work in line with government guidance. The Clarendon Therapy Centre and my approach to face-to-face work are compliant with COVID-19 guidance and restrictions.
I am an approved provider of counselling and psychotherapy for the following insurance companies:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy
- PG Cert. Integrative Counselling
- BA (Hons) Philosophy
As well as eight years' clinical practice I have over seven years' professional and academic training in counselling and psychotherapy underpinned by my lifelong commitment to learning and personal development. I draw on a wide body of knowledge and experience including psychotherapy and counselling approaches, psychology, sociology and health research, neuroscience, body-focused practices, mindfulness and spirituality.
In addition to my private practice, I am a director of The Clarendon Centre in Leamington Spa.
My commitment to your safety and wellbeing
The BACP and UKCP maintain accredited registers, which contain the details of members who have met the standards of professional competence deemed by the organisation as necessary to practise competently and ethically. My clinical memberships are as follows:
- UKCP (Reg.): Registered Member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy
- UPCA (Accred): Clinical Member of the Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA)
- MBACP: Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I am fully insured, as is my place of practice.
My first session
What happens when you get in touch
- I'll contact you and we will have a brief phone chat to discuss what brings you to therapy. We'll then arrange an assessment session (1hr) in person or via Zoom.
- During this session, I'll ask for some key information from you and we will have a chat about what brings you to therapy. You can ask me anything you'd like to know.
- Following the assessment session, I'll email you a copy of my therapy contract to read.
- After a few days we'll speak again in order to address any outstanding queries and decide if we want to work together.
- If we decide to go ahead we will sign the contract and arrange an inital six sessions. I will take advance payment for the following session.
- If we decide not to work together, I will signpost you to other sources of help as appropriate.
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Child related issues, Chronic fatigue syndrome / ME, Cultural issues, Depression, Eating disorders, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, Menopause, Obsessions, Personal development, Phobias, Post-traumatic stress, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Self-harm, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Humanistic, Integrative, Phenomenological, Psychodynamic, Relational, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults, Trainees
How I deliver therapy
Long-term face-to-face work, Short-term face-to-face work