- Phone number
- 07407 240812
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
Sunday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm
£55 with limited discounted rate of £45
About me and my therapy practice
Hi Thank you for looking at my profile.
I am an intercultural second generational Muslim Psychotherapist and have experience of working with Muslim and South Asian clients.
Being Muslim or South Asian descent doesn’t make us all the same but there is often a shared experience of what is expected of us from our families, religion and communities.
People from all cultures experience anxiety, depression or worries, but how these are perceived can vary from culture to culture and the type of help needed can differ.
Cross-cultural psychotherapy is particularly sensitive to the importance of race, ethnicity and religion. Being able to connect on a cultural level enable a deeper level of communication and understanding. It can allow a more effective therapeutic experience.
• Level 7 post graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
• Post Graduate Certificate in Advance couple counselling
• BA (Hons)
• Certificate in the Developmental Model Training Program by The Couples institute
• Certificate in Working with Troublesome Mental Images across Disorders by Kerry Young
• Certificate in Mindful Parenting in Challenging Times by Susan Bögels
• Certificate in Cognitive Processing Therapy for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder by Patricia Resick
• Certificate in Treating fears of physical and mental contamination in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by David Veale
• Certificate in Using Two Chair work by Alan Leach
• Certificate in OCD by Roz Shafran
• Training in Grief Counselling
My first sessionCounselling can be daunting and from personal experience it takes a great deal of courage to take the first step in making contact. To help ease this experience I offer a 20 minutes consultation at no charge, providing an opportunity for us to both get to know each other and for you to ask any questions you might have ahead of deciding to start a programme of therapy.
What I can help with
Anxiety, Bereavement, Cancer, Cultural issues, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Loss, Pregnancy related issues, Relationships, Self esteem, Sexual identity, Spirituality, Stress, Women's issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, Brief therapy, Cognitive, Humanistic, Integrative, Relational, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Couples, Older adults, Trainees, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Online therapy, Telephone therapy
English, Punjabi, Urdu