- Phone number
- 07517 746841
- Flexible hours available
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
Hello, I'm Jane Stannard, I'm an integrative counsellor from Canvey Island, Essex.
I work with clients who need help with :
Workplace Stress Counselling
Are you feeling stressed with your working life?
- You will be helped to explore your individual situation sensitively and with understanding.
- You will be given the time and space to explore situations that are difficult to talk about
- You will feel supported and heard.
Bereavement , loss and grief
Nobody has the same experience as anyone else with bereavement, loss and grief. You are unique, and your counselling needs to reflect this.
- You will be listened to and given the space and time you need to talk about your loss and how you are feeling.
- You may be feeling overwhelmed with emotion-or feel nothing, or somewhere in between-all are normal .
- You can expect to feel supported through each stage of your journey.
Counselling for Men over 50, including Retirement Counselling
- You may be unsure whether to retire-what will that mean for you?
- Your children have, or are , leaving home to start their own lives, how are you feeling about this?
- You may have friendship or relationship concerns?
- You can expect to be listened to and helped to navigate your way through this season of your life.
- Adjustment counselling helps you when you have gone through change, either planned or unplanned.
- You will be given the chance to explore how you have been impacted by these changes.
- You will be helped to make sense of the changes and enabled to make choices that will help you move forward.
Please see my website for more information:
I have six years' experience in counselling clients with various presenting issues , from working as a volunteer counsellor at a local Christian counselling organisation.
I work with adults over the age of 18 years.
I work as an integrative counsellor, this means that I will use various counselling methods, for example CBT, person-centred counselling, transactional analysis and creative counselling.
This ensures that you will receive a bespoke session, tailored to your counselling needs, at each session.
I now run my own private practice, counselling people who are experiencing difficulties in their workplace, for example workplace stress, overload, disciplinary matters, bullying, burnout, exhaustion and also loss of job, income, status and relationship difficulties that these situations can cause.
I work from my private, quiet counselling room, so you can be confident that your sessions with me are completely confidential.
I will listen attentively, offering kindness and support, without any judgement , to your personal story and work with you to achieve the best outcome for you, to enable you to live a fulfilling and purposeful life.
As a Christian, I can offer faith based counselling, if you would like this.
My counselling practice is based online ,to enable you to easily and safely access counselling services from your home.
I am trained in both online (Zoom) counselling and telephone counselling , I am happy to give training on using Zoom if needed, this training is at no cost to you.
I am a Member of ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online)
Headphones are worn to ensure complete privacy during your phone or Zoom call.
My first session
I offer a 20 minute initial appointment before the first session, just to get an idea of what it is you would like counselling for, and to talk about how you want to have your first session, for instance if you would prefer Zoom or phone counselling.
With our first session, you would need to allow around 90 minutes to include going through the counselling contract and for me to take some information about you, for example contact details and some brief questions about your situation before we start the counselling session.
The session will give you the chance to find out if we could work well together, as it is really important that you choose a counsellor that you are comfortable with, as a good counselling relationship is so important in your counselling journey .
You are free to choose how many sessions you need, there is no requirement for you to have a set number of sessions as everyone has different needs and situations.
What I can help with
Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Loss, OCD, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Spirituality, Stress, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
CBT, Creative therapy, Integrative, Person centred, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Older adults
How I deliver therapy
Online counselling, Telephone counselling, Time-limited