Our promise to you
- follow our company values and act with integrity, openness, honesty, fairness and respect
- strive for the highest standards
- listen and learn
How to complain
If you feel that a BACP employee hasn’t met the high standards you should expect from us, you have a right to make a complaint. We take all complaints seriously and will listen to you to find a fair and balanced way to seek to put things right.
You can contact us to make a complaint:
- by telephone - call our customer service team on 01455 883300
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to BACP, 15 St John’s Business Park, Lutterworth LE17 4HB
What happens when I’ve made a complaint?
We’ll acknowledge your complaint within five working days of receiving it.
Sometimes things can be put right very quickly. If your concerns can be resolved sooner and more informally, we’ll aim to do so. If not, we’ll tell you which manager will be investigating your complaint. They’ll respond to you in writing within 20 working days.
If you remain dissatisfied when you receive the manager’s response, you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed by the Response and Appeals Panel. A member of the panel will respond to you within 20 working days.
The decision of the Response and Appeals Panel is final and there is no further right of appeal.
How we’ll put it right
If things have gone wrong, we will:
- explain what went wrong
- apologise and tell you how we’re putting things right
- consider changing our processes or providing further staff training to prevent the same problem in the future
How long do I have to make a complaint?
Normally, we’d expect you to contact us within a month of you finding out you have reason to complain. We may be able to accept your complaint after this deadline in exceptional circumstances.
What we can’t look into
There are some things we can’t deal with through our service complaints process. Examples are:
- any decisions made under our Professional Conduct Procedure
- requests for information
- any attempt to have a previous complaint reconsidered
If your concerns can’t be dealt with under our service complaint policy, we'll contact you and explain the reason why.