Following a successful trial, we're launching a new online, subscription-based CPD hub for members in August 2018. The CPD resources will cover a range of topics to help members develop their knowledge in areas relevant to practice, including specialist themes, emerging research and ethics.
Gaining a thorough understanding of our members’ needs and wants for online learning is a vital part of the development process. We also value members’ feedback in reviewing and evaluating the resources we develop.
We're looking to create a volunteer online learning focus group comprising:
- 1 student member
- 2 registered accredited members
- 3 registered senior accredited members
- 1 course tutor
- 1 private practice member
- 2 supervisors
- 1 accredited service representative
As a focus group member, you'll be asked for your views on issues such as the type of resources you'd like, the format and themes of the resources and the functions you'd find useful within the CPD hub. You can also review and critique the resources, but this is not the main aim of the focus group.
We'll contact you at mutually agreed times throughout the development of the CPD hub to review the functionality of the resources we develop. We'll provide full guidance and a structured feedback process to support you in this task.
As a thank you, you'll receive CPD certificates for each resource you review and can include them towards your annual CPD requirement.
- give your views, opinions and reflections on potential online CPD resources
- feedback on your experience of using previous online CPD resources (if applicable)
- have access to a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone that can stream video from the internet without difficulty
- have a reliable and quick internet connection
- complete functionality reviews of developed resources
- provide feedback following the functionality review
As a volunteer you must complete:
- a Declarations of Interest form and manage any conflicts of interest as they arise, in accordance with our policy and procedures
- a Volunteer Agreement form, which sets out the joint commitment to volunteering for us. This is binding in honour only.
We’ll ask you to take part in the functionality review of online CPD resources we develop. This involves testing the user journey of each resource. We expect to be producing a couple of resources, each up to an hour long, every month. Ideally we'd like you to review at least one resource a month.
We'll let you know the estimated completion or release date of each resource and ask you to commit to reviewing the content within two weeks of that date.
We'll also contact you on an ad-hoc basis, usually by email, to ask for feedback on future development ideas.
Skills and ability
- the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully in a group setting
- attention to detail
- the ability to give detailed, constructive and, where necessary, critical feedback on both the content and format of the resources
- to understand and adhere to the seven Nolan principles of public office: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
There is no remuneration for this volunteer role, however reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out the role will be reimbursed in line with our volunteers expenses policy.
For more information on the role, please contact Rebecca Gibson, Senior CPD Officer: Rebecca.email@example.com.
To apply to join the focus group, please send your CV and an application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.