Charging and subscription
I can't see the add to cart option. What am I doing wrong?
If you can’t see the add to cart option, it’s likely that your membership is due for renewal. You’ll need to begin the membership renewal process and add the CPD hub to your cart as follows:
- add your membership to the cart (see How to renew your membership online). Don’t continue through the basket to complete the booking just yet.
- go to the CPD hub and click on add to cart
- go to your cart in the top panel of the web page and you can complete all your subscriptions at the same time
Why am I not being charged the full £25?
Your initial subscription to the CPD hub is based on the number of months left until your membership renewal. For example, if you only have three months left until your renewal, you’ll only pay for three months access on a pro-rata basis of the current CPD hub fee. You’ll be able to renew your CPD hub subscription when you renew your membership.
Can I add the CPD hub to my monthly Direct Debit?
You can pay in the following ways:
- I’m signing up for the first time – you can pay one lump sum by credit or debit card online
- I’m adding the CPD hub to my membership renewal – if you already pay for your membership by Direct Debit, you can add the CPD hub subscription to your monthly payments. Alternatively, you can pay by credit or debit card for your membership and hub access in one go. If you'd like to start paying by direct debit, please contact us.
- I’ve just renewed my membership and now I’d like to re-subscribe, or purchase access for the first time - you can pay one lump sum by credit or debit card online
How many times can I view the content in the CPD hub?
While you have a subscription to the CPD hub, you can view the content as many times as you wish.
Can I view the CPD hub terms and conditions?
Yes, view the CPD hub terms and conditions.
Viewing the resources
How do I access the content now I've subscribed?
You can access all CPD hub resources in the Learning centre. The catalogue will automatically update with the CPD hub content the next time you log into the Learning centre.
Visit your member dashboard (account area) to access the Learning centre.
Visit our Learning centre content catalogue help page for support with accessing the content.
Are the resources accessible?
Yes, all CPD hub videos are subtitled and all audio recordings have a downloadable transcript. Our video player also includes a searchable transcript.
To see the subtitles, play the video. Hover your cursor over the video player and select the square icon next to the progress bar. Select English from the options displayed.
We've identified an issue with our subtitle service. Some video subtitles are not working correctly at this time. Please bear with us whilst we work to resolve this problem, which we will aim to do as quickly as possible. In the meantime we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Can I use the videos I watch, or the recordings I listen to, for my CPD record?
Yes, all CPD hub content can count towards your annual continuing professional development (CPD).
To make things easier for you, all content completed within the Learning centre catalogue, including all CPD hub resources, is automatically recorded for you in your My CPD area. Find out more about the Learning centre functionality.
You can also download a personalised CPD certificate for each presentation from the Achievements section in the Learning centre.
We don’t print hours on our CPD certificates. We use an outcomes based approach to CPD, and each element of the CPD resource is reflective. You can reflect on the outcomes, what you've learned and how this will help you develop as a practitioner, and record this on your CPD log accordingly.