Before you start
If you're a current member of BACP, have been a BACP member before or have already submitted an application to join, you may not need to complete a new application. If you're unsure, please contact us before you start.
Please make sure you meet all the requirements for a student member. When you submit your application, we'll need to complete some verification checks so it may take up to 28 days to process your application.
Once you start, you won't be able to save your application before you submit it so make sure you have the following supporting documents ready to upload (we can accept Word documents, PDFs or JPEG files):
- proof of address – a copy of official correspondence showing your name and current address, dated within the last six months (for example a utility bill or bank statement)
- supporting evidence from your place of study – a copy of a letter from your place of study, on headed paper, dated within the last 12 months and signed by either the course administrator or your tutor (letters signed ‘per pro’ will not be accepted).
The following information must be included on the letter:
- title of the course
- start and end dates of the course
- year of study you are in
- confirmation that you are currently undertaking classroom tuition
- confirmation that a supervised placement of a minimum of 100 client contact hours is an integral part of the course
- signature of course administrator or tutor
- proof of any entitlement to reduced fees – if applying for reduced fees you'll need to upload evidence of your eligibility. This can include a copy of a letter from the Benefits Agency, or a copy of your bank statement, dated within the last 12 months, showing your benefit payments (all other information can be blanked out)
- disclosure - before completing your application make sure you read and fully understand our Membership disclosure policy. If you need to make a disclosure, you must upload all relevant information and any relevant documents. You can find further guidance and forms in Membership policies.
- academic or honorific title - if you want to enter a title such as Dr, Rev or Sir, you must upload evidence of your entitlement to use the title
We recommend updating to the latest version of your browser before starting your application. The form works best with Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Some Apple Mac users have had difficulties completing the form so please use a different type of desktop or laptop device if possible.
As part of your application, you'll be asked if you want to join a BACP division or subscribe to our CPD hub.
We have seven specialist divisions representing and promoting different areas of interest within the profession. Each division publishes a quarterly journal and provides member-only benefits, including specialist resources and events.
Our CPD hub provides many hours of online video and audio resources for your continuing professional development.
These subscriptions are in addition to your BACP membership fee.
When you are ready, start your application by clicking on the Log in to purchase or, if you're already logged in, Apply button at the top of the page.
If you've not got a log in already, you'll need to sign up for a free website account to access the online form.
If you withdraw your application, and there was no error on our part, we will deduct an administration fee of £20 from any refund.