For 24 years, the BACP Research Conference has been a place where researchers and practitioners come together to exchange ideas on important research findings, presented in open discussion with constructive critical debate and helpful dialogue. The conference fosters a climate where all are welcome to share in both the learning and social experience.
Over this time the conference has been attended by representatives - both presenters and delegates - from 23 countries, making it a truly international event.
Call for papers
We’re now inviting abstract submissions for our 2019 Research Conference.
We welcome abstract submissions from all methodological perspectives and all theoretical orientations, from students, practitioners and experienced researchers alike. We accept submissions for:
- Discussion panels: 60 minute sessions providing a space to discuss and debate an issue relevant to research in counselling and psychotherapy and how it links to policy
- Methods workshops: 60 minute sessions aimed at introducing a particular research or analysis method relevant to counselling and psychotherapy, providing opportunities for practical and experiential learning
- Papers: 30 minute sessions presenting counselling or psychotherapy research you have undertaken
- Posters: A visually eye-catching format to present your research, plus a one-minute platform presenting your research to the conference
- Symposia: 90 minute sessions providing three or four presentations (plus an overview) on a particular theme or subject in counselling and psychotherapy research
The deadline for submitting abstracts is 11.59 pm on Friday 2 November 2018.
We're also inviting submissions for the four awards which will be presented at the conference:
- BACP Outstanding Research Award
- CPR New Researcher Award
- PCCS Award
- CPCAB Award
Deadline is 11.59 pm on Friday 2 November 2018.