For 26 years, the BACP Research Conference has been a place where researchers and practitioners come together to exchange ideas on important research findings, presented in open discussion with constructive critical debate and helpful dialogue. The conference fosters a climate where all are welcome to share in both the learning and social experience.
Over this time the conference has been attended by representatives - both presenters and delegates - from 23 countries, making it a truly international event.
27th Annual BACP Research Conference:
Promoting collaboration in research, policy and practice
Our 2021 Research Conference ‘Promoting collaboration in research, policy and practice’ with co-hosts The University of Salford took place online on Saturday 15 May 2021 and is available to view on-demand until 17 August 2021.
You can hear about presentations on a wide range of topics including research collaborations and partnerships, up to date research on the impact of COVID-19 in the counselling professions, remote working, school-based counselling, resilience and student mental health.
Our two keynote presentations are:
- Michael Barkham: The results of the PRaCTICED trial and implications for person-centred experiential therapy
- Mick Cooper: The results of the ETHOS trial for young people and implications for person-centred therapy
You can also catch up on a joint discussion with our keynote presenters discussing the future of person-centred therapy and its place in the therapeutic landscape.
Conference delegates have access to:
- recordings of 22 livestream presentations
- recordings from dedicated live Q&A sessions discussing key themes with presenters
- plus 40+ additional research presentations. View the content an unlimited number of times, 24 hours a day for the duration of the service
- a CPD certificate and selected presentation slide downloads
- a conference poster exhibition to hear about emerging research
View the full programme of livestream and on-demand content.
To view the conference on-demand,please go to our research online booking page.