- Phone number
- 07890 892 894
- Flexible hours available
- Available for home visits
- Concessionary rates
About me and my therapy practice
One to one or couple work informed through training and experience. Additional exercises and techniques that can be used as homework may offered but are not compulsory.
Psychotherapeutic / Counselling Approaches
Systemic psychotherapy looks at patterns of behaviour that we all become used to which may or may not be helpful. Cognitive behavioural therapy looks at how our thoughts and actions affect our emotions. My psychotherapy uses these models, and is informed by others such as Transactional Analysis, Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy and Rogerian, etc in order to provide you with the most appropriate service you require
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-graduate certificate in psychology and counselling skills from City University, Northampton Square, London
- Diplomma in Criminology from Birkbeck College
- MSc in systemic and cognitive behavioural psychotherapy for couple relationships and sexual therapy. It was attained at the Institute of Psychiatry, working at the Maudsley Hospital Outpatient Clinic within King's College London
- Third sector working closely with offenders and their families
- Private practice
Sessions are 50 minutes and provided over Zoom or in person from my home/office or at your home. There is a discount of £50 over the 6 session payable in advance. Please see below.
Over several decades I've found that working in blocks of 6 including a review on the 6th session is helpful in ensuring you're making progress.
The first assessment session is slightly longer (about one and a quarter hours) although it is the same cost.
Zoom: £40 per session (£55 for a couple). My office: £50 per session (£70 for a couple). Your location: £62.50 per session. This includes a 25% surcharge to cover travel time and expense. (£87.50 for a couple) (£250 for six sessions for individuals; £350 for couples). If at any time you would like to make use of the block cost of six session please let me know. If you are unsatisfied or no longer wish to continue for any reason you may cancel with a refund of the unused portion. A discount on sessions is available on request and proof of low income.
My first session
The first session includes the following:
- Introductions and a general overview of the problem(s)
- Brief psychological questionnaire to overview your current mental health in general terms
- Life history. A brief overview of any major life events that may or may not still be affecting you
- Administration. The way I work, what I can and cannot do. What you can expect of me. Your rights to confidentiality and a contract of our work together
What I can help with
Abuse, Addictions, AIDS/HIV, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Business coaching, Cancer, Career coaching, Child related issues, Depression, Health related issues, Identity issues, Infertility, Life coaching, Loss, Men's issues, Obsessions, OCD, Post-traumatic stress, Pregnancy related issues, Redundancy, Relationships, Self esteem, Service veterans, Sex-related issues, Sexual identity, Sexuality, Spirituality, Stress, Trauma, Women's issues, Work related issues
Types of therapy
Behavioural, CBT, Cognitive, Eclectic, Emotion focused therapy, Family therapy, Humanistic, Integrative, Neuro linguistic programming, Person centred, Psychodynamic, Solution focused brief therapy, Systemic, Transactional analysis
Clients I work with
Adults, Children, Couples, EAP, Families, Groups, Older adults, Organisations, Trainee, Young people
How I deliver therapy
Home visits, Long-term face-to-face work, Online counselling, Short-term face-to-face work, Telephone counselling, Time-limited